Hamer Fan Club Message Center

It's an HFC Worldwide Convention, or CajuSota Jam !!

BruceM

Who: I can't wait to see who!

What: HFC Worldwide Convention and CajuSota Jam

When: June 11-12, 2010

Where: Minneapolis and St. Paul, the 4-3-2-1 Club and the Palace Lounge

How: However you can make it happen, make it happen!

Hotel Details:

I've reserved a block of 10 rooms, at a rate of $109 per nite+ tax, for Thursday, June 10 to Sunday, June 13. This is $10 off their normal rate. Note that you do NOT have to book all 3 nights if you're not arriving until Friday.

You can book online by using this link:

Aloft Mpls - Hamer Fan Club Special Rate

Or, you can call in to book your room.

Aloft Minneapolis

Phone: 612-455-8400

Group: Hamer Fan Club

Dates: June 10-13

Start preparing for this one now!

The room's been booked for Saturday night and the guest list includes these guys, so far:

A Cajun and some Chicago guys come to MN

Although we haven't ironed out all the details, I wanted to get this date out there. I've been working with my fellow party planners here in the Twin Cities, and we're ready to pull out all the stops.

We've changed venues for this event. We have booked the Palace Lounge in downtown St. Paul. The Palace has recently been refurbished as a rock and roll club with a bitchin' PA system, and even though it's a public bar with a very good bar food, they've agreed to let us invite all of our friends from around the world for one big HFC jam party on Saturday, June 12: The CajuSota Jam.

The 4-3-2-1 Club will also be hosting a special open house or two, so make sure you're here on Friday night.

If there's enough out-of-town interest, I'll look into reserving a block of rooms and try to get a special rate.

Sound off, folks!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a great excuse for a road trip! Will try to make it, if possible. A git or two in my smallish car is not a problem, but heads/cabs might be more of a challenge. Can you local guys help us out a bit in that dept.?

Sounds like a great excuse for a road trip! Will try to make it, if possible. A git or two in my smallish car is not a problem, but heads/cabs might be more of a challenge. Can you local guys help us out a bit in that dept.?

The stage, while good-sized, is not massive. We'll backline the stage with some decent local amps, and don't really expect people, especially out-of-towners, to supply their own.

I'll have to find a stage manager and get the backline ironed out and advertised.

I'm checking on the date to see if I'm clear.

I've been threatening to come to one of these for some time now anyway...

I'm checking on the date to see if I'm clear.

I've been threatening to come to one of these for some time now anyway...

Bring it on !

Can I recomend ALoft as a great place to stay. I'll be there this time as well.

This Cajun Boy can't make it. Me, Foodermon, and little brother will be in Montreal that weekend for the F1 race.

I know I don't need to tell y'all this, but tear it a new ass for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Justin Currie from Del Amitri in your hood on Friday night. I may just have an angle to get Ariana out there for the weekend!

Excellent! I'm checking on hotels this week. I'll let you all know where the host hotel will be.

Justin Currie from Del Amitri in your hood on Friday night. I may just have an angle to get Ariana out there for the weekend!

Excellent! I'm checking on hotels this week. I'll let you all know where the host hotel will be.

Please do. Ariana sounds like she's in. She wants to play bass on something Saturday!

Hi Bruce, This is Mad Man Mike here. So far the way things are going I will be able to attend this with my wife. Hope to see you all there.

I was talking to BCR Greg a couple of days ago at his shop and he thinks you are a cool guy.

Now remember Bruce I am new at this kind of stuff. In other words I am wet behind the ears for sure. So when I play I may be a little up tight or nervious. I am sure that you people will help me though this.

My wife and I will arrive by car on Thursday and stay thru Sunday at the hotel that you are looking at for all of us. The reason why we would arrive on Thursday we will be traveling around some 1,000 plus miles to get there and it may take about 17 hours travel time to get there. My wife and myself want to be rested up for Fridays events.

Bruce if you can please e-mail me with your phone number so I can call you when I arrive there. my e-mail address is [email protected] also when you e-mail me I can then e-mail you with my cell phone number as well.

To you Bruce have a great day and a nice weekend my man.

Sounds good, Mike. No worries about nerves. We'll start you out in the comfort of the 4-3-2-1 Club on Friday night, and you can work your way up to the big stage on Saturday. :blink:

I'll send out contact info and have the hotel information up soon.

Are there any other travelers headed this way that need hotel info? My current thought is to reserve a block of 10 rooms or so at the ALoft, downtown. That's a short drive from the 4-3-2-1 Club, easily accessible via light rail, and it's right downtown near the Metrodome.

I'm finalizing details with the ALoft today. I'll post information as I get it. We'll get a $10 reduction on their normal rate, and the final rate will be $109. I've requested a block of 10 rooms.

More later...

I'm finalizing details with the ALoft today. I'll post information as I get it. We'll get a $10 reduction on their normal rate, and the final rate will be $109. I've requested a block of 10 rooms.

More later...

Sounds good.

Signed the contract today - I should get details tomorrow on how to register online, and I'll post phone numbers as well.

YAY! This is going to be a fun one, my friends, for sure. For sure.

Here's the information on how to book the host hotel:

Hotel Details:

I've reserved a block of 10 rooms, at a rate of $109 per nite+ tax, for Thursday, June 10 to Sunday, June 13. This is $10 off their normal rate. Note that you do NOT have to book all 3 nights if you're not arriving until Friday.

You can book online by using this link:

Aloft Mpls - Hamer Fan Club Special Rate

Or, you can call in to book your room.

Aloft Minneapolis

Phone: 612-455-8400

Group: Hamer Fan Club

Dates: June 10-13

This hotel is about 3 blocks from the Metrodome Light Rail stop, so you could conceivably get by without car rental. The Light Rail is accessible from the airport.

Let me know if you need additional information.

Bump - even though this one's pinned at the top. Anyone make any reservations? Anyone else decide they can't miss this? It will be a stellar weekend, one for the record books, I'm certain.

I haven't checked flights or fare sales recently. Is it time for the summer sales?

I reserved three pounds of alligator tail meat and about a dozen field dressed squirrels for the culinary offerings ... does that count?

** don't worry, separate dishes -- an alligator sauce piquante AND a pot of basin squirrels smothered (aka, stewed) in a rich brown Cajun broth ** OH HELL YEAH!!

HA! I'm arriving Thursday night to christen the 4-3-2-1 kitchen and the stove won't get cold for 72 hours ... this is gonna be SO FUN!!

Archived