Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Live from the MUSE!!!!!!!!!!!

A BIG Thanks to Chris & company for putting on this event. Always a great time talking with other HFC'er about music & gear. To see/hear all of the talent the HFC has in it.

Midwest HFC5 jam will be the year of the amps. Man , there were a ton of them up there.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A BIG Thanks to Chris & company for putting on this event. Always a great time talking with other HFC'er about music & gear. To see/hear all of the talent the HFC has in it.

Midwest HFC5 jam with the year of the amps. Man , there were a ton of them up there.

Let us know how wifey liked the "present" you brought her.

As I say every year, I'm flattered that people are willing to travel down the block let alone the great distances they do to come to this thing. Thanks again to everyone who came.

MCChris was a great host. It was fun getting to meet some people. And I agree with Tom, BadgerDave has got a beautiful 8 string!

Folks, if Pam is our Tom Petersson, Stevie is our Lemmy! Judging by your profile (and after having met you), I trust you'll take that for what it is...perhaps the highest compliment I'm capable of.

I finally had a chance to check the board and read through the posts. Wow! Looks like everyone else had as much fun as I did.

Huge thanks to Chris and Mira for allowing us to disrupt their lives for a weekend. As much as Chris denies it, it is a ton of extra work for both of them.

It was great meeting new folks like Blueshound (on the way down - we met at the crossroads to do a guitar/amp swap), Tom & M.E.Redhead (Linnie?), Schlep & Mrs. Schlep, Mike, Tony, the immensely talented Funky Ferdie, Stevie and the others who I will remember immediately after finishing this post.

Also great to reacquaint with the Lee family, Bruce, Matt (Bruce), Carmie, Johnny Thunders (we will not give up until we get that Ramones medley DOWN!), Ken (E.T.), Valvetech Rob & the Mrs., Chris Herman and, again, those I forget to mention because my brain is busy re-acclimating to the real world.

The thing I like best about these events is that there is absolutely none of that judgmental crap you see at many jam sessions. No arms-folded, nose-in the air gunslingers making snide comments about other players. Hacks like me can get up there and play with the pros without feeling intimidated.

Special thanks to SirDan for successfully navigating through three states and miles of road construction.

The amp count this year was 18. That’s a high mark, but I’m confident we can do better!

Poor Funky, he only made it into a couple of pics.  That fella RIPS.

You got that right. MVP of the night. Every one of his solos was a ripper.

Thanks guys. I don't know about the MVP. I think SirDan deserves the MVP. The guy played bass, guitar, sang and encouraged everyone to get up there and play.

It was nice meeting everyone. Thanks Chris for hosting the jam.

Let me see...now I want a Bad Horsie wah and an Emerald Green guitar.

-FunkyE9th

I especially like to thank TomTerrific and Ctrixie who encoureged me to get my butt out of the basement and up on the stage. Thank you very much it was the most fun(and terror) I've had since the last time I played in front of people which was in 1979.

Hey buddy! Glad you made it home. Thank YOU for the inspriation and my new obsession. (and I do believe that the kid who san sing "Surfin' Bird" should be the next Amer Idol) Hell yeah, we will do this again. Believe me, I've had my share of blinding, frozen terrror on stage, and most of it recent, too.

Ferdie, I'll say 'hi' to Ben today. We'll be working on Dirty Deeds, hehe, so there WILL be an opportinity for an AC/DC train wreck next jam.

Was great to spend time with you all and talk to you face-to-face for the first time in many instances. Loved jamming with those crazy MN boys (and Tony & his Elite).

Wow. Whirlwind weekend. It was an enormous amount of fun. My 4th out of 5 MWJ; only missed last year.

Glad to see the old faces and so many new ones:

I was proud that I managed to remember all the new names because you all gave something unique to the jam/ social event to make it very memorable. So many very cool moments and nary a trainwreck.

Note to Nuke: Don’t ever let me pick up that dang FRETLESS bass again; ever! I murdered that tune until I figured out the lines we’re PAINTED ON! Badger saved me by pulling the plug…

The “everyone on stage at the end” was very BLUESBROTHERS II. Like the allstar lineup. OMG, was that LOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDD! Truly felt like standing next to the train track during a 70mph train passing. IN-TENSE!!!!

A heavy thanks to the Lathrops for tolerating the trekkies again.

So many moments to savor. So many great people. It took everyone to make it that great.

How about some more pics::::::

sirDan

mwj4321man.JPG

mwjamps3.JPG

mwjamps4.JPG

mwjamps5.JPG

mwjamps1.JPG

mwjbadger.JPG

mwjchrisbass.JPG

mwjchrisfunky.JPG

mwjchrispedalboard.JPG

mwjchrisstudio.JPG

HA!

I love the photo of me and Carmie where I'm prematurely modulating.

SirDan!!! The MOC and candid camera dude of the evening. Oh man, I guess I do make stupid face when I play :blink:B)

BadgerDave -"HA! I love the photo of me and Carmie where I'm prematurely modulating."

I look like somebody's gonna throw tomatoes at me... :P

Dude!!!!!!! The best pictures yet. Now I see why that camera needs a special connector. Those shots even make my bad side, re. rear end, look good. LOL

But the picture proving MCChris wears button fly jeans is a little too much info, if you ask me.

Edited to add:

More shots of Funky ripping it up. Just what the masses requested. Too cool.

But the picture proving MCChris wears button fly jeans is a little too much info, if you ask me.

LOL! Certainly not the crotch shots I'm used to looking at all day.

Obviously, even after all these years, both my wife and my Hamers still give me a button-fly-bursting boner ...

Guest galejt

Yo, Chris.

"Hardware Pacers has an exceptionally detailed (albeit slightly fanboy-sounding) review of Actiontec’s 54Mbps Wireless Network Camera, including a full rundown of the install process and loads of screenshots. Their overall impression was that the camera worked perfectly—it was simple access from a web browser and the video stream was great, at least at the 320x240 resolution. They noticed what they termed a dramatic slowdown when bumped up to 640x480, so it effectively becomes a question of exactly how much detail you want in your voyeuristic indulgences. Regardless, it’s a small, easily mounted camera with a built-in microphone and email-capable motion detector for just about $200. Not too bad a deal."

ActionTEC Product Page

actiontec_net_cam_54.jpg

Edited to add: The link to the review mentioned above

Dave, Is that a Mr Yuk sticker on your bass?

It certainly is.

Just a placeholder, really. I'm looking for someone who can do a green abalone Mr. Yuk inlay.

Ferdie, I'll say 'hi' to Ben today.  We'll be working on Dirty Deeds, hehe, so there WILL be an opportinity for an AC/DC train wreck next jam.

Sounds like it will be a fun lesson today at Flynn's. Tell Ben I want his Carr Slant6. :P

-FunkyE9th

Dave, Is that a Mr Yuk sticker on your bass?

It certainly is.

Just a placeholder, really. I'm looking for someone who can do a green abalone Mr. Yuk inlay.

How DARE you defile my bass!

Guest hectorp2

My favorite part of the evening was the look on Carmie's face each time one of the Ramones songs she was doing abruptly terminated. It was like a child startled by a magic trick. I loved it. That's what it's all about!

Archived