Hamer Fan Club Message Center

what do they smoke @ the Duncan msg bd?

Citrus

Read an earlier thread on a Korina shortage, and didn't want to hijack the thread.

Maybe I'm used to the sanity here - lol, but some whacked out ideas and opinions there.

The following are comments that were made with the Adminstrator of the board asking what they thought of him ordering a Korina jr

I started reading that thread and got dizzy

1.well I just found one on ebay...and definitely looks like I'll be passing on one of those I'd rather snag the gibson les paul jr. for around $500 than try and get one of those..they're not cheap

what kind of jr. is he getting for $500??

2.I guess its just me, but if I was going to go for a single-pup guitar, I'd want it to be in the neck position. It just strikes me that by using the bridge only, you're missing out on most of the string vibration . . . the essence of a stringed instrument.

Isn't the essence of a jr the tone it gets from the bridge pup?

3.Its good until you look to the headstock, it just looks kinda at odds with the rest of the guitars shape. As is the curse of the Hamer.

What headstocks is it being compared to??

4.Holy cow!!! I just searched around and those things are around $1650. Geez, I was thinking they'd be more along the $750 range. I still like it however.

yeah, and I thought I could get a brazillian rosewood Martin D28 for about 2 grand

5. 1 P90 doesn't seem versatile to me.

No block inlays . Don't really like the pickguard.

I think this is a hate it / love it kinda thing.

If it's in fact 1600? I can get a Gibson Les Paul Standard for that money off ebay... heck or another custom built heritage with insane features.

Obviously this guy like to copare apples and oranges -

a jr isn't a standard, and the wood on a used ebay standard ain't that wood, and neither is the craftsmanship

to be fair, there were some favorable comments on this and other Hamers, but I guess ignorance is bliss - or else I would probably own 1 guitar - lol

SSSSSHHH!!!! Tell them NOTHING! :P

I figure some folks will always be snobs. Most of the folks making bad comments quite possibly have never even played what they are speaking of. I almost never comment on Monacos because I have barely play 1 or 2, so how could I really comment without being just an armchair quarterback.

Other folks will always be lost or simply followers.

Archived