Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1995/1996 Hamer Slammer Series

yago20

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out how much my Hamer Slammer guitar is worth. I don’t have any pictures of it, so I’ll describe it as best I can.

I bought it between late 1995 and mid-1996. The headstock is black (on the front) with the words “Hamer” in white. Below it, in smaller print, are the words “Slammer Series” in white. On the back of the headstock, which is maple (no black), it has the words “Made in Korea” plus the serial number 5073490. The frets are rosewood. The rest of the guitar is maple. The body of the guitar looks very similar to an American Stratocaster. There is a 5-way toggle switch, 2 tone adjust dials, and a tremolo bar. 3 single pickups. The color is red metallic. Has a white pickguard.

Any idea how much these Hamer Slammer series from 1995/1996 fetch? Thanks!

You'd get more money doinga 20 minute shift giving @#$!'s in the washroom of an old age home. (self censored) ;)

R.

Let me restate the question:

Any serious answers to how much a 1995/1996 Hamer Slammer is worth (as described in the first post in this thread). Thanks again

This sounds like one of the Strat copies. I'd say closer to $100 if even that if that is the one I'm thinking of.

Serial's right. I had one - nice guitar - but was a tough sell at $100. Probably the biggest bargain in import guitars.

I think when i bought it back in 1995, it was listed at $350, but i got it for about $300 (with a hardshell case) after taxes and all. i was hoping to sell it (with a hardshell case) for closer to $200. I don't want to rip anyone off. you think $200 (w/case) is a rip-off for the mid 90s Korean import? I know saying it is in mint condition is subjective, but the thing is in great shape. not a scratch or knick or any kind of sound problems. would i be out of line to sell it for that much? two of you said it's worth about $100, while another poster said it's worth around $225.

$100 tops IMHO. No offense, but country of origin makes no difference on that one. If it was a Korean Diablo or clone of a major Hamer design, $200-250 maybe, but the Strat copies will be at the bottom of the Hamer import stuff.

Put some good (clear) pictures on ebay and it might pull $150. But this probably isn't the best time of year.

Well, i got some good feedback on it here. So assuming the guitar itself is worth somewhere between $100 - $150, i'll probably try to get $150 - $175 with the hardshell case. The case is in pretty good condition, and it was $100 new. Maybe i'll throw in a strap or something. Im not putting it on ebay because i have some people around town interested in buying it and I should be able to sell it without ebay. Thanks for your opinions, everyone.

/YAGO

Put some good (clear) pictures on ebay and it might pull $150. But this probably isn't the best time of year.

Well, i got some good feedback on it here. So assuming the guitar itself is worth somewhere between $100 - $150, i'll probably try to get $150 - $175 with the hardshell case. The case is in pretty good condition, and it was $100 new. Maybe i'll throw in a strap or something. Im not putting it on ebay because i have some people around town interested in buying it and I should be able to sell it without ebay. Thanks for your opinions, everyone.

/YAGO

I was just busting your balls a bit Yago because you didn't post pictures in the first place. Make sure if you sell it you take real good and clear higher res pictures (like another poster suggested). No flash but make sure you get some depth in the colour. This will show the guitar well. If it's too bright, it'll look too cheap.

Good luck

I was just busting your balls a bit Yago because you didn't post pictures in the first place. Make sure if you sell it you take real good and clear higher res pictures (like another poster suggested). No flash but make sure you get some depth in the colour. This will show the guitar well. If it's too bright, it'll look too cheap.

Good luck

No, you are correct. The pictures are poor quality. That shouldnt matter though. I was really just trying to give an image for people on the boards so they knew what kind of hamer i have. I have a couple people who may buy it around town, and they can easily come by to see the guitar/play it.

Thanks again for your opinions

/YAGO

Archived