Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS: Randall Bluesman Amp - $400 shipped!

Edited 4/20: Now $375 shipped for HFCers in the lower 48!!

Here's an amp you don't see everyday - 1993 Randall Bluesman 4x 10 combo. Here's the specs:

Extremely clean - a true closet queen

50 watts

4 10" Randall Jaguar speakers

White tolex w/ black grill

Self biasing (takes 6L6 or EL34s with a selector switch on back)

1/3 power switch - takes it down to a more manageable 18 watts

Standby switch (good for changing guitars/tuning at gigs)

Effects loop

Dual channel: clean has lots of headroom and takes pedals VERY well. Gain channel is very Marshall like and really gets nasty at gig volume

Gain voicing knob: allow you to change the character of the gain - goes from vintage drive to 80s metal to modern.

Treble presence knob - good for cutting out extra highs (especially with Strats/Teles)

Reverb - the reverb pan runs the height of the cab, so there is a wide range of tones - from a little depth to all out surfin'!

Extra jack for an extension speaker (although you wouldn't need one!)

Master Volume

I recently bought this on Ebay and got a deal because it was a local sale. (I got it from the original owner who kept in in the closet since 1994). Its a great amp with a lot of versatility, but its just way too much amp for my needs. I thought the 1/3 power switch would cut the majority of volume, but it really just makes the overdrive tighter and the master volume more effective. The 18 watt setting sounds like 50! Anyway, its just too much for my practice area (also known as a corner in the garage). I got a deal for it, so I'm passing on the savings to a fellow HFCer. I also need to offset the cost of the 82 Special I just bought on the HFC forum!

$400 shipped to the lower 48. This thing weighs 65lbs UNPACKED, so about $75 of the asking price is for shipping. Those of you close to Tucson are welcome to pick it up for $325 out the door. This amp listed for $1100 back in '93, so the street price was probably in the $800s. Today you can't touch a good tube amp for less than $700. This thing is a tank and will probably outlast us all.

Paypal (including credit cards) if you cover the extra 3% fee, otherwise USPS money order.

I've got a few references on the HFC and over 90 feedbacks (100% positive) on EvilBay.

Email for pics - I'm not sure how to post pics on the HFC yet (suggestions are welcome)

Later!

Bluesking

Here's the link for pics of the amp:

http://www.hamerfanclub.com/memberpages/bluesking/

I've had a lot of inquiries, but no solid commitments for a purchase.

Whaddya waitin' on? $400 bucks SHIPPED for an all tube, 4x10 combo amp - with self biasing and a 1/3 power switch? You can't touch one like this today for less than a $1000 anywhere. Plus, this one was literally is guy's closet up in Phoenix for the last 11 years - this thing is CLEAN!

Also included in the pics are some chassis pics from another Bluesman that recently sold on Ebay. These are intended to used for reference only and are not actual pics of chassis in my amp - I just had a lot of questions about the build quality of these amps and these pics answer them easily.

I need to offset my recent purchase of Black Magic's Mahogany P90 Special and GaleJT's 82 Special Sunburst, so take the plunge - you won't be sorry!

Later..........

Archived