Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Fender HRR Strats

Guest steviej21

Guest steviej21

Hey everyone. I primarily only like to play Hamers, but I'm feeling a bit nostalgic for a guitar I once had as a teenager. If anyone out there has a Fender HRR (Hot Rod Reissue) Strat with a rosewood board that they want to get rid of, let me know. It doesn't have to be pristine. As long as it plays good, stays in tune, and has a rosewood board, I would like to pick one up.

thanks,

Stevie.

Guest steviej21

Yeah, they were made in Japan, but it was an American neck, body, and pickups. So, they were kind of a mystery. There is actually a Fender USA neckplate on these guitars, but the bottom of the neck is stamped "Made in Japan". You used to be able to get these fairly cheap $350-$450, but now some guys are asking as much as $750. I was hoping to find one fairly reasonable just to have one around.

I don't think they were American except the Dimarzio III humbucker in the bridge. They did have Fender USA on the neckplate but I'm pretty sure it's all Japanese. The body was basswood and I don't think that was a USA thing. I know the neck was Japanese because it was better than the American version! The electronics weren't as good so they weren't USA. Nice guitars.

Guest steviej21

Yeah, you may be very right. I read the spec sheet for this guitar once, long ago. My memory is failing me miserably about the details. I do remember that the single coils were Am Std pickups and a few of the other appointments as well. But the rest was Japan.

Still, I would like to get one of these guitars so I may relive my youth. I actually had my senior High School picture taken with a metallic red 60's HRR Strat that I owned for a minute. I think I had a sunburst one as well for another minute. I don't think I played well enough at the time to fully appreciate those guitars. There is a sonic blue one on ebay, but they have the buy it now set over $750. I only like to spend that much or more if I am buying a Hamer.

Guest steviej21

OK, so it was a bit different. I just asked since i recently picked up a USA Floyd Rose Strat, and am not sure if I will be holding onto it or not. I like it, but I may have to move it.

Let me know, I might be into that as well.

Archived