Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Kaman sold to Fender

alpep

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but since only import PRS's have had pickguards up to now, it immediately makes me think of an import.

A few early PRS had strat like pickguards and strat like pickups.

I believe you're talking about the original EG series. Cool guitars though the neck joints could be troublesome on them. I like them so much I've got two of 'em.

The Mira is actually a very nice, USA-made PRS. Paul's trying to maintain a toehold in the mid-priced market with a set neck guitar, since even the Standards are over $2k street these days. I played a couple of the Prototypes and early run models and although it wasn't for me, it is still a really nice guitar. The pickguard admittedly turned me off visually on that guitar right away. The DGT is a FAR more impressive instrument for not all that much more $$.

I bought a used Mira from GC but returned it before the 45 days were up. Very nice guitar with lots of tones via the coil-tap. Def not "import" quality or "import" looks. I'd like to buy one to keep one day. I think they are one of the best buys on the used market for a USA guitar. I'd like to try a DGT, too. I like the idea of a PRS with the Hamer 2 volume, 1 tone layout. The plain top, moon inlay DGT's are reasonably priced, but still expensive. I'm gonna wait for a used one.

For a bolt neck import, I favor the G&L Tribute series.

Archived