Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FA - BEAUTIFUL '79 Sunburst

conrad agreed, I'd be ticked as well...

I think dots see auctions end without major problems... but when a '70s B&C is on the line... you have to know that people are asking and throwing numbers out there, ...

if one doesnt ask...they have the potential to miss out.

even hesitating on buy it nows can cost you....

I sat for a good half hour a few years back when that purple sparkle doubleneck hamer popped up....

I couldve hit the b.i.n. about 100 times before hamstd found and hit the button...

in hindsite, my questions were minimal... and a mistake I'll never make again...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1

The Ebay game is what it is... you have to know how to play!

you take the money when its offered.

ebay and paypal fees are simply too high.

ebay is getting their money one way or another.... whether it be in the form of advertising, listing fees,paypals nonsense or whatever...

I've given them plenty over the years and am sick of getting newsletters saying it isnt enough !

buyers are real savy these days... they know the system is geared towards them.

with the rash of nonpayers/ renegotiators out there today>>>>

" f'n-ay right I am ending EVERY one of my auctions early if someone is saying they'll pay my price OR more TODAY ! "

if that makes me or anyone else a dick for doing so..

youre sadly missing the point...

I am buying more items offline OR after I see a zero/low feedback bidder has fouled an auction last minute, than ever before....

heck you dont even have to bid , cause MANY sellers are tired of the b.s. and the time involved getting fees back or trying to work with jerks who dont pay , only to relist the item over and over,

that they have no problems selling sideways.

you sell to sell.. not hold hands, educate the ignorant ,or to lose money.

now to have ebay taking away a sellers right to post negative

feedback for these goofs ??? wow ........

"I am not saying its right, I'm not saying I like it, but thats how bad its gotten."

I went through hell selling NOS GM/buick parts several years ago, and most of those auction winners were older established folks jerking me around...

sunbursts have jumped dramatically of late, who's to say this particular seller didnt end up selling himself way short ???

I've gotten sellers to end auctions for well under market value and in turn have paid through the nose for things.

the bottom line is, if you want something, you better speak up today!

I know of a few good guys at this very moment willing to pay well above average for a clean B&C sunburst , simply to be done with their quest....

I sincerely hope it was one one of them that scored this '79 !!

Archived