Hamer Fan Club Message Center

RIP: Eddy Arnold

Great singing voice, and a seemingly humble guy. My folks used to play his records (anybody remember those?) when I was a kid, I can still hear "Make The World Go Away" while banging on the hardwood floor with my Tonka trucks..........

Great singing voice, and a seemingly humble guy. My folks used to play his records (anybody remember those?) when I was a kid, I can still hear "Make The World Go Away" while banging on the hardwood floor with my Tonka trucks..........

You just described life in my house. Eddy Arnold was one of the first entertainers I could name because of hearing my parents play his records. In the last year or two I got my father an Eddy Arnold box set with music from his earlier days.

Here is a sample of Eddy Arnold performing on the radio.

Here is some video content.

" Cattle Call " anyone?

Mr. Arnold had one of the best voices ever to come out of Music City.

I love that one! I picked up a "Best of..." LP from a fitty-cent bin awhile back. I'll have to play it in his honor.

" Cattle Call " anyone?

I love that one! I picked up a "Best of..." LP from a fitty-cent bin awhile back. I'll have to play it in his honor.

Played my "Best of Eddy Arnold" LP this afternoon. He was a far greater talent than I'd ever realized. He had this sort of generic-sounding voice and a generic-looking middle-aged face and build, but not really. And I've seldom heard pitch control like his--right up there with Mel Torme and Tony Bennett on a good night. He also had a deceptively wide range.

He didn't cheat or slide into, or miss one note on that album. Pitch perfect all the way.

" Cattle Call " anyone?

Played my "Best of Eddy Arnold" LP this afternoon. He was a far greater talent than I'd ever realized. He had this sort of generic-sounding voice and a generic-looking middle-aged face and build, but not really. And I've seldom heard pitch control like his--right up there with Mel Torme and Tony Bennett on a good night. He also had a deceptively wide range.

He didn't cheat or slide into, or miss one note on that album. Pitch perfect all the way.

That was back in the day when talent meant something in the music biz. Now with Pro Tools & pitch

shifters,you can make almost anyone sound good.

Archived