Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Neck Joint

veatch

I have the pickups out of my '04 Studio Custom (waiting for zebra, 4-conductor versions of the Custom/Custom Custom combo that's in there now) and neck pickup cavity looks o.k., but the bridge one is a bit funky; looks like there's some overspray or something on the treble side of the cavity. If I remember correctly, they look alot better on the '05 and '06, but it's not something I pay a ton of attention to (even though I'm seemingly in my guitars all the time fiddling with the pickups :D). What did you end up putting in your EM?

-Austin

What did you end up putting in your EM?

I put in a pair of Fralin PAFs. The neck sounds fookin' lovely. The bridge is marginally better than the stock Seth Lovers. (not that that is a bad thing...)

I have a set of Lollar Imperials i'm going to drop into it next. When i first played the guitar, my first instinct was the Lollars, but i'm fairly partial to them at this point. I have them in three guitars, and each one jumped to the top or near the top of my go-to list when i put them in.

Time will tell. I want to gig the Fralins a couple more time before i make the next switch. I'm off for a couple of months unless something comes up, so the Fralins are staying for a while.

Nice pic, veatch. Hamer's attention to detail never fails to astound! Damn those guys are good, even in the areas you might not normally look.

sk

Thats what makes Hamer so much more consistent than other companies. Sure, all those other companies can make great guitars, but not very often. Hamer (usa) guitars are always great.

My pics suck, but here's one (excuse the messy room... i have a lot of guitars an amps out right now...):

07_EM_Studio-2.JPG

If the Sun ever comes back out, i'll have a photo shoot. :D

And, you are absolutely correct, mirrorimij. It has a Korina neck and back.

Sounds *killer*.

FWIW - UnkaGreg takes much better pics. The guitar above is #10. Another board member here has #8.

TWO Earthen Maples...

My pics suck, but here's one (excuse the messy room... i have a lot of guitars an amps out right now...):

07_EM_Studio-2.JPG

If the Sun ever comes back out, i'll have a photo shoot. B)

And, you are absolutely correct, mirrorimij. It has a Korina neck and back.

Sounds *killer*.

FWIW - UnkaGreg takes much better pics. The guitar above is #10. Another board member here has #8.

TWO Earthen Maples...

Cheer's for that,just what i needed to kick start my weekend B) .

martin.

Archived