Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Fender Friday Deal from Musician's Friend

MF is selling the 1950's mexi Roadworn strat, sunburst only, for $499 today. People snatched up the strats and teles at $599 a couple of weeks ago.

I'm tempted, but I don't see me getting much use out of it since I have several great strats already and I'm not a big fan of the 7 1/4 radius neck.

I find MF frustrating in that I get emails siting these huge % off sales, but to take advantage I have to call in and speak to someone for details. What, I'm going to call in and ask them about everything I might be interested in buying? Why have a web site?

Probably have to call to comply with MAP guidelines.

Fender must have needed to make a sales quota for the end of the month. If they were blowing out Highway One's for that price I would have snagged one.

I have one of the 60's 3 tone road worns. I absolutely love it...

$499 is a great deal. Even tho they're probably sitting on a ton

of them, used ones regularly go for more on ebay.

498632002_A6DVz-M.jpg

I'm sure they sound great, but I just don't get the whole "Road Worn" concept. You're telling me that the maker uses a cheaper finish, beats the crap out of the paint, uses all the old corroded hardware they can find, and then wants to charge me more than the same model in pristine condition?

Hmmm...

I'm sure they sound great, but I just don't get the whole "Road Worn" concept. You're telling me that the maker uses a cheaper finish, beats the crap out of the paint, uses all the old corroded hardware they can find, and then wants to charge me more than the same model in pristine condition?

Hmmm...

You're right. You don't get it. LOL... ;-)

The weights and quality on these is all over the place. I played some real dogs at GC and a couple of good ones. You definitely take a chance when buying one from MF. It's like a box of chocolates......

Hmmm...

You're right. You don't get it. LOL... ;-)

The weights and quality on these is all over the place. I played some real dogs at GC and a couple of good ones. You definitely take a chance when buying one from MF. It's like a box of chocolates......

im a fan of the road worns. i figured that at that price(if i would of bought one) if it was a bear i could still prob. sell it for a profit on ebay or craigslist. im hopin they get that cheap again :blink:

I'm sure they sound great, but I just don't get the whole "Road Worn" concept. .....

And I do not get the general concept of paying $500 for a mexican strat of any kind of worn, when you can get the US for pretty much the same money. Or you could get beautiful mexican from the beginning of the 90-s for about $250 and be even more happier...or may be I'm wrong?

The mags sell advertising space to survive. Probably not in their best interest to slam something from one of their primary sources of revenue.

Forums can be skewed by brand loyalists and the haters, so are probably equally objective :blink:

Best bet would be to put the time in and try a bunch out first, if you can. MF and GC still have generous return policies!

Archived