Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ebay sucks

Jeroen

I think I am finished with Ebay!

I buy my tubes from the same seller for some years and now the shippingcosts are just as much as the tubes $32.-

Ebay "forced" sellers to ship through certain expensive ways by using Paypal...so I think since I understand they are part of Evilbay I'll be soon quit that account as well....

Growing compagnies with a monopoly position suck and must be avoided/ignored or what word fits best there...

So I'll pay a few bucks more and will find the smaller stores out their which deserve it much more...

Geezzz it gets me mad....

Jeroen

it has nothing to do with e bay forcing anyone to use expensive shippers

there is just no cheap way to ship to europe now. the usps only uses air rates.

that makes the smallest 1 lb package in the 35 dollar range.

I get complaints about this all the time from international customers and there is nothing I can do about it.

i can no longer ship guitars to australia because of the size limitations and most countries have a 500$ insurance limitation on packages so the customer takes the risk on damage or thief.

Life and business seems not to get any easier.

oh and you can't ship a bass internationally unless it is a bolt on

it has nothing to do with e bay forcing anyone to use expensive shippers

there is just no cheap way to ship to europe now. the usps only uses air rates.

that makes the smallest 1 lb package in the 35 dollar range.

I get complaints about this all the time from international customers and there is nothing I can do about it.

i can no longer ship guitars to australia because of the size limitations and most countries have a 500$ insurance limitation on packages so the customer takes the risk on damage or thief.

Life and business seems not to get any easier.

oh and you can't ship a bass internationally unless it is a bolt on

What he said. USPS recently changed their size restrictions so that places that where I used to be able to send a guitar for ~$100 aren't available through USPS and you're now talking $500-$600 through UPS, FedEx, etc...

Also, I guess I'm not understanding how eBay sucks so much if they're still the cheapest place for you to buy your tubes? :)

-Austin

Only change I see on Ebay is the push towards everyone using Pay-Pal. They [ebay] just hates to see MOs or bank-checks etc etc used.

But I also been using FedX-Ground for some time now. IMHO they are less expensive than UPS.

Though from what I understand Fed-X ground use's conveyers where UPS doesn't. Thus a Amp shipped might be an issue. Especially top heavy combos like DeVilles, Bassman RIs etc. Something to think about before shipping an expensive Point to Point Amp.

Well I contacted the seller several times which does 90% of his bussiness outside of ebay, and het told me when not using Paypal it can be cheaper...

On the otherhand if it doesn't get cheaper with the shipping we'll concentrate more on countries like Germany or the UK.

Jeroen

To get thinks straight, I do bussiness in the USA for the reliability and fast replies/responds and great service. It is not a money thing except for the shippingcosts..

Jeroen

I think I am finished with Ebay!

I buy my tubes from the same seller for some years and now the shippingcosts are just as much as the tubes $32.-

Ebay "forced" sellers to ship through certain expensive ways by using Paypal...so I think since I understand they are part of Evilbay I'll be soon quit that account as well....

Growing compagnies with a monopoly position suck and must be avoided/ignored or what word fits best there...

So I'll pay a few bucks more and will find the smaller stores out their which deserve it much more...

Geezzz it gets me mad....

Jeroen

What he said...!!!

eBay is to auctions

as what TicketMaster is to concerts.

They can charge whatever fees they like because they are the only game in town.

They feel that if you don't like it you can always take your bat & ball and go home.

Now pay da man.

eBay is to auctions

as what TicketMaster is to concerts.

They can charge whatever fees they like because they are the only game in town.

They feel that if you don't like it you can always take your bat & ball and go home.

Now pay da man.

I payed him instand!!

I get all my tubes from Doug's tubes. Don't know if he ships internationally though. I work at a business that does shipping and unfortunately international shipping rates seem to be skyrocketting. I'm not sure why.

Archived