Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Poll Time - Hamer Bursts

Sam

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

bursts.png

Hey all, I thought it might be interesting to run a poll that covers the bursts that you're most likely to find on stock-built Hamers. I know there are more bursts out there - let's just pretend that you've won a Hamer and that it has to be finished in one of the three usual suspects.

My guess is that Darkburst is going to come out on top....

Looking forward to your votes and comments! :blink:

Darkburst. Love the look.

Seems like there can be a huge variation in what is a '59. The mid-90s Archtop Studio Custom I had was mostly orangish-red with very little yellow/natural hues.

The Amberburst was on my Talladega. Very nice. But...didn't wow me.

I voted darkburst only because washed iced T-burst wasn't an option.

W'IT is probably my fav overall (my custom Newport has that finish) though I wanted to narrow it down to the stock bursts that are widely available.

Amberburst and W'IT can look pretty similar from the top.

witvsaburst.jpg

• 3 years later...

Wish Hamer would use the Old Burst colours from the 70's much better than todays colours i.m.o.bst1.jpg

That's not from the 70s though. Is that the original finish? Never seen an 80s burst like that.

Hamer cherrybursts are all over the map. I like the ones that go from red to orange to yellow, but a bunch of the older ones go from red to yellow with little transition.

Darkbursts that start in brown aren't my thing.

Amberburst has been the most consistent color scheme of the three, and on a high grade top it looks stunning.

Hamer cherrybursts are all over the map. I like the ones that go from red to orange to yellow, but a bunch of the older ones go from red to yellow with little transition.

That's so true.

What's the story with the BCR Burst? I found a few pics online, but I've seen 59 bursts that look close to that too...

• 2 weeks later...

Wish Hamer would use the Old Burst colours from the 70's much better than todays colours i.m.o.bst1.jpg

That's not from the 70s though. Is that the original finish? Never seen an 80s burst like that.

Yes that was the origonal colour ,guitar is sold now

I think it was a very early 1980 to be honest.

Had the wider string spacing at bridge ,farily chunky neck for the time.

The back was Cherry.

Archived