Hamer Fan Club Message Center

You decide on the spec, I'll order the run

• Studio Custom
  • Mahogany
  • Triple Coil Bridge
  • P90 Neck
  • Prefer a 5-way blade with the single coil and P90 acting as a bucker in pos 4, but it seems everyone else wants a toggle
  • Sustain block
  • Crowns
  • Color from a short list of standard colors (i doubt we'll come up with a single color all will love...)

I keep waffling between Basic Black to Jazzburst to Fire Engine Red... (jazzburst on hawg is killer...)

I like (love) Velorush's idea on the headstock, but i think that will hurt us in the price department...

If this ends up being in the price range of a CO, it will be a hard sell to buy it over a CO. The hope is that we get a break for getting XX ordered in the same config (color notwithstanding...)

I like the idea of a flattop, but if that's the case, i'm not sure on the crowns.

I posted this on this thread....

http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/index.p...c=41926&hl=

But it was deleted.

SO.............

Figure out the exact spec of the guitar and how many are wanted and I will get numbers.

Deleted because it was clear solicitation on the main board. Do we really need to go there again?

As posted in the other thread, I'd look long and hard at a Junior, in white, with a sustainblock. Not saying I can afford it, but that makes my nipples stiff.

I just bought an old Vector and a Steve Stevens so it'll be a while before I purchase again.

But my dream Hamer would be:

Studio Custom

chambered body

sustain block

bound and crowned

Seth Lover at the bridge

P-90 at the neck

vintage neck carve

Explorer-style headstock (a nod to Rick Neilsen's Les Paul)

Natural finish on the mahogany back and neck

Either a black cherry finish or faded denim (like the PRS ones) over a flamed maple top

Too rich for my blood right now, but maybe someday. :-)

i agree with polara, it has to be more reasonably priced than a custom order. Juniors are cool and simple and white is a great color.

i don't see the point of a reissue sunburst.. the originals are currently cheaper and will always be cooler.

Whatever it is, it should have Boomers, a Sustain Block, and - a bit of a stretch - the old Standard headstock.

That's what makes a Hamer.

A flat-top Monaco Elite with those 3 options would be pretty nice.

How 'bout a slightly downsized strat type body, made of mahogany, with extended cutaways, set-through neck, ebony board with boomers and 27 frets, the last 3 being angled, Floyd bridge, humbucker at the bridge, single coil at the next, droopy/hockey stick style reversed headstock, stadium logo....

100_3777.jpg

Vector Jr.

One Volume One Tone

Screamin Lollar P90

Wraptail or Tuna and Stop

Lightweight Mahogany

Tortoise Guard

Hmmmmmmm?!

Although a Standard Junior like Greg mocked up a few years back woukd be SOOO cool!

Vector Jr.

One Volume One Tone

Screamin Lollar P90

Lightweight Mahogany

Tortoise Guard

+1 :)

Whatever it is, it should have Boomers, a Sustain Block, and - a bit of a stretch - the old Standard headstock.

That's what makes a Hamer.

A flat-top Monaco Elite with those 3 options would be pretty nice.

The above sounds cool - 1 boomer @ the 12th fret to save some bucks.

The flat-top Monaco sounds real cool - use the superpro profile instead of the elite

almost forgot - make sure it has the Talladega neck profile

I would go for a flat top special any color but black (already have 3 blackies).

Sustain block with HFC on the 12th fret if cost is a factor maybe a HFC marker on the back of the headstock.

I would like to see it in a reasonable price range.

Sorry $3G's is out of my price range.

I would be all over a Standard Jr or a Vector Jr. That would be toooooo friggin cool.

+2 (I mean, why not BOTH?)

Vector Jr.

One Volume One Tone

Screamin Lollar P90

Lightweight Mahogany

Tortoise Guard

I like this idea!

One slight modification though - to make it more universally appealing, I'd do it with a humbucker sized pickup route. Those that prefer P-90s have a lot of great options for humbucker sized P-90s (HD, Fralin, Rio, Duncan, etc.). Options for P-90 sized humbuckers are far more limited.

And why not a sustainblock?

Archived