Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Any love for 2112?

2112 is the most metal rush album, i love it.

hemispheres, permanent waves, and moving pictures was their peak,

a combo of the angst and chops of their early stuff

and more tuneful songwriting. plus geddy brought the vocal pitches down a little.

i am having a blast working on my rush tribute project.

2112 is my favorite. It was the first one I'd heard, and it kicked my butt. I was 16 and learned it all just to impress my friends! :D

I saw them 3 times in the late '70s/early '80s, when they were young(er) and hungry(er). The first time blew me away, and they just got better after that.

I lost interest - don't get me wrong, I still like them - when Alex found the whammy bar. He had/has such a massive vibrato IN HIS LEFT HAND (listen to 'Twilight Zone') that the stupid whammy just messed everything up. The synths didn't do much for me either, but hey, we still have the first 4 or 5 discs, right?

Awesome - AWESOME - live act. If you haven't seen them (even if you're not a big fan), you gotta check them out. It should be mandatory. :lol:

I lost interest - don't get me wrong, I still like them - when Alex found the whammy bar.

whoa! really!? i LOVE alex's whammy work.

the solos in limelight & yyz should be required listening for anyone w/ a whammy.

Absolutely a fan of 2112. I really dug the concept/prog-rock vibe of 2112 which was a departure from the bluesy muscle of songs like Working Man and a bit more complex than the radio friendly vibe of Fly By Night.

Love that window between 2112 and Exit...Stage Left. Another fella that kinda got lost when the Rush synth age began, but I've heard some cool bright spots in the later window.

As I remember, this was a great album to listen to stoned. The first band I played in played The Temples of Syrinx and A Passage to Bangkok. I was 16 and I was the guitar player and singer. We played Freebird and Hey Baby by Ted Nugent too. Wierd times. A strange list to be sure.

Killerteddybear and I lived Rush: All the Worlds a Stage when we were kids. I think we played every note on that album.

We were playing in a band that played Oldies and Country but we lived for Rush.

2112 was my favorite.

Never did play it out but we would play a gig and then usually go to a party at somebodies house and then set up again and play the stuff we really liked, and being in Canada, Rush and April Wine were at the top of the list.

I lost interest in them with Farewell to Kings. I think KTB still has everything they've ever done

Archived