Resizing pictures for Craigslist - how do I do it?
Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:05 AM
I'm trying to post a few things for sale on Craigslist and I can't seem to load photos.
There's no option for Photobucket or other direct links - the software requires you to load pics from your computer.
The problem is size - all my pics are too big for the Craigslist site to upload.
I can't seem to figure out how to resize my pics - can anyone provide a quick assist?
(I'm running Vista.)
Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:12 AM
Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:28 AM
1. Get a photobucket account
2. Upload ALL the pictures you want to put on your CL posting to Photobucket
3. For each picture you upload, you will see edit | move | share | delete at the top of each thumbnail
4. Click edit
5. Click resize (icon near the top)
6. I recommend to resize to a preset size of 15" screen (800 x 600)
7. Copy the img coding right inside your CL posting...
Now you can repeat the above steps and add as MANY pictures as you want to your CL posting. I even put on my posting title that I have some high res pics to maybe get a few more viewers.
In the future, if you know that you are taking pictures for the web, set your camera to take smaller pictures and save you that hassle of having to resize them later.
Posted 24 May 2010 - 09:40 AM
Posted 24 May 2010 - 04:30 PM
Posted 24 May 2010 - 08:02 PM
To add to that list, here is by far the easiest way to resize pictures ... don't need to install any programs - its all online, and basically no confusing options. In fact, only one option available is what size you want to resize it to.
After you resize it, you can upload it straight onto CL or use Photobucket to post higher res pics than what CL allows.