Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Resizing pictures for Craigslist - how do I do it?

Bluesking

Question

OK, I need help.

I'm trying to post a few things for sale on Craigslist and I can't seem to load photos.

There's no option for Photobucket or other direct links - the software requires you to load pics from your computer.

The problem is size - all my pics are too big for the Craigslist site to upload.

I can't seem to figure out how to resize my pics - can anyone provide a quick assist?

(I'm running Vista.)

Thanks!

5 answers to this question

Not to confuse you anymore, but Craigslist allows html code in your listing. Search the web for inserting a picture using html code and you can post your photobucket images instead of uploading to Craigslist.

There are many ways to resize, here's one way that is not the easiest but has many advantages...

1. Get a photobucket account

2. Upload ALL the pictures you want to put on your CL posting to Photobucket

3. For each picture you upload, you will see edit | move | share | delete at the top of each thumbnail

4. Click edit

5. Click resize (icon near the top)

6. I recommend to resize to a preset size of 15" screen (800 x 600)

7. Copy the img coding right inside your CL posting...

Now you can repeat the above steps and add as MANY pictures as you want to your CL posting. I even put on my posting title that I have some high res pics to maybe get a few more viewers.

photobucketcopy.jpg

In the future, if you know that you are taking pictures for the web, set your camera to take smaller pictures and save you that hassle of having to resize them later.

I think you use the HTML code link (copy/paste into your ad text), 3rd one down in the above example. You can then have nice, big photos in your Craigs ad. I use the free 'faststone image viewer' for cropping and quick easy color editing, but really you can just upload to photobucket and copy/paste that html link and you're done. The IMG link is good for posting photos on the HFC or other messageboards.

Don't have Vista but in Xp the default viewer - MS Office Picture Viewer - has a resize function under the Picture pull down menu which allows you to set H x W in pixels or set a percentage of original size.

Sounds like you got some great advice here...

To add to that list, here is by far the easiest way to resize pictures ... don't need to install any programs - its all online, and basically no confusing options. In fact, only one option available is what size you want to resize it to.

http://resizr.lord-lance.com/default.asp

After you resize it, you can upload it straight onto CL or use Photobucket to post higher res pics than what CL allows.

Archived