Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Backline for the Cajusota Jam

For those attending the Cajusota jam at the Palace on Saturday, June 12 (details here: CajuSota Jam Details ), it's time to come to a consensus on the backline for the Palace Stage.

I've had discussions about this with a few of the locals, and here's what we know so far:

1. Drum kit will be provided by Ted and/or Robb.

2. Bass amp will be provided by me.

3. We don't want travelers to feel like they need to bring an amp. But, if you've got an extra-special favorite you'd like to offer for consideration, that's cool.

4. Stage space is limited, so we'll likely limit the guitar amp backline to 5 or 6 amps.

5. In the interest of space, small combos will be preferred. There may be an exception or two to this.

6. All guitar amps will be miked, with room volume controlled through the PA system.

7. We'd like to have a few representative pedal boards available for all to use.

8. We'd like to keep equipment change-out between groups to a minimum.

9. We'll have one or two stage managers to help people figure out amps and pedal boards as they hit the stage.

With all that in mind, let us know what amps and/or pedal boards you've got available for consideration. We'd like to get different representative tones.

What do you guys have?

And some more...

BluesLand B40 3x10 Combo (a hot rodded tweed Bandmaster)

Mesa Blue Angel 1x12 Combo

Mesa Maverick 1x12 Combo with EVM12L Thiele extension cab.

I'll put a basic pedalboard together with a tuner, compressor (Barber Tone Press), couple flavors of OD/distortion/boost (Fulltone OCD, G2D Cream Tone, Butler Real Tube, Fulltone Fat Boost), chorus (Fulltone Mini Deja Vibe), trem (Fulltone Supa Trem), delay (MXR Carbon Copy) and a wah (Teese RMC-4 Picture Wah).

Cool. That should cover it!

;)

I didn't want to carry a Mesa MK anyway. :lol:

Dibs on the 4x10 Z, Ted. Bring that ratty Peavey Classic and I'll be "Moving in Stereo"

I'll bring the following stompers and volunteer to run a tuning/cleaning/emergency repair and attitude adjustment station. We'll set it up right next to the hottie at the sound desk. :D

TS10 Classic

FC10 Fat Cat

Original RAT

TK999 Tube King

Gaspedals Carb

Fulltone Ultimate Octave

Whammy II (you know you want to, Eric)

Boss DD-6, DD-2, Space Echo

Yamaha DG Stomp (great modulation+verb)

Crybaby From Hell Wah

Coupla big-ass floor fans

Z

Looks like i'm going to drive up so i'll bring my Egnater Tweaker and 1x12 with my pedal board. Timmy, TS9, Voodoo Lab Microvibe, Delay and Reverb TBA... It will do the Blues, Rock and Hardrock just fine.

As Z mentioned above I have a tweed looking peavey classic 50 4x10 thats a great utility rock amp that I am happy to supply. Jeff Loven's main amp from the 90's for those how know him. Footswitchable, straight forward and easy to use.

Any of my other amps are also available too if we need anything to round out the stable. Mesa, Fender, Carvin, Line6, Laney. How about a GK250ML. Now thats an easy amp to carry. I real one trick pony thats rarely used but never being sold. haha.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard from Tom Bollum that Savage Audio is going to provide him with a couple of demo amps for the weekend. They've done that for me before, and they're very nice little combos. Cool!

Bruce, I just got off the phone with Savage Audio and they will have a couple of amps ready for me by Friday afternoon. Hopefully (but no guarantees) a Macht 12 and Schatten 19 (I think that's a head/spkr. config.).

I'll be bringing three Marshal Major 200w heads with matching 8x12 cabs. Assuming, of course, that United will allow me to gate check them.

Just to check...

Somebody's going to be running video for this stuff, right?

Bruce, I just got off the phone with Savage Audio and they will have a couple of amps ready for me by Friday afternoon. Hopefully (but no guarantees) a Macht 12 and Schatten 19 (I think that's a head/spkr. config.).

Hey Tom, are you bringing them out Friday nite too?(droool)

Sounds like y'all got it covered so far......I've moved my gear around enuff.

Can the Maverick get thick without the typical Mesa splattiness?(ducks & runs :lol:)

....dibs on the Top Hat :P

edit- everybody bring their tuner PLEEEEZ....and USE it ....sorry, just can't take garage band noize anymore (I know, I'm old)

Can the Maverick get thick without the typical Mesa splattiness?(ducks & runs :lol:)

I think you played it before and liked it, so I'll have to say yes B)

I'll just have to trust you....

:lol::lol::lol:

If I played it- we were at Bruce's

If we were at Bruce's- he (or you) mixed martinis

If we drank mart........see where I'm headed with this!?! B)

see you soon

I'll just have to trust you....

:lol::lol::lol:

If I played it- we were at Bruce's

If we were at Bruce's- he (or you) mixed martinis

If we drank mart........see where I'm headed with this!?! :lol:

see you soon

I see exactly where you're headed...but we've never ever had tee many martoonis have we? B)

Archived