Hamer Fan Club Message Center

KMD Pedals?

GC had 2 KMD's? I used to have a Delay-They really resemble Boss pedals-can't confirm for sure if Boss made them, but it was a sweet analog delay. The maximum was about 300ms though so I sold it-really short delay time.

Actually, they had 3-a green flanger as well. I played the flanger and it sounded like the old school EHX type flangers. It was very deep and analog sounding.

I think Boss defninitely made the cases, they are almost exactly the same (a little heavier), but the pedals themselves dont sound the same-if I had to guess, I would say Maxon built them (also, the lettering font is similar to Maxon)

Also, they use these strange op-amp chips that are long and narrow-nothing like the JRC series.

1987_Kaman_KMD_Effect_US_Ad.jpg

Circa 1988

I sent in 12 string wrappers and got the Chorus, the other guitar player in my band did the same and got the distortion.

Both were very good pedals, especially compared to what was available then. The Chorus was very similar to an Ibanez, possibly the same circuit.

The Kaman Performers strings were also excellent.

Those are the boxes-I can't believe they were giving them away free. The OD has a $49.50 price tag, and the Phaser has a $59.50 price tag-although I cant tell for sure if these were the 1988 prices. Still, an amazing deal for 12 packs of strings.

The OD is great-the smooth clipping of a tube screamer with no mid-hump and an insanely boostable bass knob.

Archived