Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ernie Ball Volume Pedal Jr.

Any reason not to go with the downsized Ernie Ball Volume pedal for my non-active Hamers? I saw on one site that they have a 25k ohm pot in the juniors as opposed to a 250k in the big pedal.

I might be able to get the jr. on my pedalboard but the full size pedal takes up too much real estate.

Guest teefus2

that's exactly what i did when you bought my v pedal (ha ha). the smaller one really isn't THAT much smaller. it is made exactly the same including the little taper switch. i haven't used it yet, maybe thursday, but G player mag just gave it an "editor's pick" award.

Guest teefus2

sorry, i forgot HOW OLD my Bro-in-law acts. they were conked out by 10 both nights. i'll make it up again sometime soon. i bought my vp jr for $65 new at a local store i frequent. $50 shipped isn't too bad. quimby didn't want me to go to your show.

It's about the same as a Vox wah size wise. I've been using the jr for about a year since they first came out, no difference I can notice except the better size...

They pot values are the same as the big pedal, they just offer the 25 as an option for active electronics I think...

Guest teefus2

yeah, what bobbymack said. it seems to be about the same size as the vox wah. i had my friend order one in for me and i actually thought (and hoped) it would be a little smaller than it is. oh well, it's cool.

yeah, what bobbymack said. it seems to be about the same size as the vox wah. i had my friend order one in for me and i actually thought (and hoped) it would be a little smaller than it is. oh well, it's cool.

Well, I already have a Vox Wah pedal. Think the EB would be a noticeable improvement sound wise?

>I love mine. Couldn't play live without it.

Ditto here.

>David Torn says he's gone thru a bunch of EBs because the pulley strings snap, but mine's been solid for the past couple years.

If you call or email EB they will send you a replacement string. Be sure to specify mono or stereo since the string on a stereo pedal has once more wind around the pulley and is longer than the mono version. A PITA to replace but well worth it since the rest of the pedal holds up so well. The EB website has directions for changing the string that do help make it go quicker.

I use mine for silent tuning and to cut the hum during silent parts since I mostly use single coil guitars. I also do a bunch of swells during a few songs.

I use a boss tu2 for silent tuning and I haven't had to turn down for noise.... No swells either.... But I could....

But sounds like no reason to get the jr over what I already have (full size EB and Vox).

Archived