Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Original Music ... Opinions!

Not my typical fare...

I listened to both tracks. I personally get an old-school metal vibe and I don't mean that in a bad way. RAWK! "West of Eden" - waaaaait or it...waaaaait for it! You metal guys and your epic freaking song intros! :P "Something from Nothing" is cool. I dig the rhythm guitar riff and the intro lead. You play the leads in that? Meedly! I think the song would do better at about 30bpm faster though. It sort of plods along after a while (or maybe it's the vocal melody that needs some tweaking).

I wanna hear Zombie Pinup Girl!

Can't comment much on the mix quality because I was listening on a laptop's super-wonderul uber speakers, but it sounded pretty darned good regardless. Well done, sir!

Just to add to Nathan's comments, the mix is good. I think if you guys brought in a producer he would probably shorten that intro! I also think the songs would benefit from a more "industrial" approach. More noise, more machines. Please take this as constructive critisism from someone who can only write melodic mid-tempo sludge. Good work and keep writing!

Archived