Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Burny Les Paul Customs

I was going to ask about that. Most of the (even higher end) Japanese copies of LPCustoms don't have the fret ends covered and usually have rosewood boards instead of ebony. This one looks like ebony on my pic, which I don't think I've seen before.

Burny LC-60 fretboard is tinted rosewood for looking as ebony,you're right Steve,as Tokai LC-60.Tokai LC-100(old models) is ebony and Greco EG-800 too.Binding covered frets on these old replicas,but not for new models,except high end models.

I haven't played any of these so I can't judge. What I can tell you is the top LP copy I have ever played is a Dean EVO, made in the Czech Republic, ( not the Korean made) .

I have played mine side by side with myLP 57 Reissue Goldtop and the EVO passes. It sounds more like a LP should than most real LP's I have played.

Guest Buck Dharma

That guitar looks just like my Fatdog Black Beauty. Probably made in the same factory. I love mine more than any Epiphone and most of the new standards. If it is less than $500 I would nabb it. I traded my Studio Custom because I played my Fatdog more. It wasn't built better or anything like that, but I like the sound more. For what it's worth I traded my SG Standard also because I liked my Fatdog more. Again the SG was built better but I just like the angry sound of my Fatdog it is FAT sounding Black Sabbath type guitar. Here is an awful pic but it looks just like that one up close same binding and all.

P9230081.jpg

Guest Buck Dharma

The one in my Avatar is a Custom made non reverse Firebird with Humbuckers. I haven't gotten it yet so I will give a full report when I do. It's from a guy in Ontario named Seppo and his business is called Frankinsteinguitarworks. It is African mahogany in the center and sycamore wings. He makes some crazy stuff on his website. The Fatdog I got on Ebay for $200 bucks he only made them for a few years. He had the bodies made overseas to his specs then used oldstock electronics and pickups. Mine has Schaller pickups that are pretty hot compared to a PAF. He has a website also but is hard to get ahold of and kinda crazy. www.fatdawg.com Here is a pick of the Frankinstein.

post-2-1110647347_thumb.jpg

Archived