Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The thrill of the unknown

So we're sitting around the dinner table a couple of nights ago and I blurt out:

"If I don't buy a Standard sometime soon I gonna hate myself forever"

Wife: :blink: "Didn't you say those had the shorter-scale-dealy you don't like?"

Me: :P "Well, yeah...."

Wife: "And how are you gonna pay for it?"

Me: "Sell my Mirage and..."

Wife: "Don't you like that guitar?"

Me: ...

Well sure I like that guitar. But the lure of that Standard shape, the crowns (oh yeah, it's gotta be a custom, too), the headstock, the sound of that big hunka mahogany... too much to resist. :ph34r:

To hell with the fact I heven't met a 24.75" scale length guitar that I've liked. That won't be this guitar.

Anyone else ever got rid of a sure thing for the thrill of the unknown before and lived to tell about it? Leave the women/guys out of it :D

I'm just watching Formula's avatar.... :blink:

And a fine avatar it is, too.

Huh. I just realized one of the last threads I started on the old board had to do with dumb sale/trades right before I sold my Daytona.

Maybe I'm telling myself something here. :D

Anyone else ever got rid of a sure thing for the thrill of the unknown before and lived to tell about it?  Leave the women/guys out of it  :blink:

Throwing myself to the lions, but here 'goes. I sold a >3,000 dollar Hamer with SD Antiquities to fund a '59 Les Paul that had me frothing at the mouth. I've played alot of Hamers, still have a couple, and for that matter I've played alot of Gibsons. It was not about getting rid of a lesser for a better, frankly the Hamer couldn't get any better. But I wanted the cherry sunburst in a sick way, and I'm damn glad I made the switch because in the context of just these two guitars, the LP and I have bonded way more the that particular Hamer and I did.

Archived