Hamer Fan Club Message Center

My SheikYerbooty

That pic is actually a few years old. 99 or so if I remember correctly. Bozzio did one disc (Zoom) and I think one short tour with The Knack.

Nothing new from them since then, which is a shame.

My brother and I met Terry a couple years ago when he was in town with Jeff Beck. He was the nicest guy. My brother (also a drummer) has always idolized Bozzio and played many of this licks. When I told Terry that, my bro gave me this nasty look. Terry reached out to grab my brothers hand to shake it and said, " Wow man, thank you" Terry was happy that his playing inspired someone, and the two sat down and talked drums and drummers for a bit. It was the coolest.

I'm sure many of us have been to the backstage aftershow deals and most of the time the players are nice, but always seem to be looking around or have someone else to get to. This was not the case with Terry, more like old friends catching up after a few years. Combine that attitude with his killer playing, put's him tops in my book.

Mark.

i had front row for beck in '89. i couldn't take my eyes off bozzio the whole show, amazing.

ps- SRV came out next after becks set, but we left after 2 songs! blues was too boring after becks blistering fusion set IMFO, of course ymmv.

i had front row for beck in '89. i couldn't take my eyes off bozzio the whole show, amazing.

ps- SRV came out next after becks set, but we left after 2 songs! blues was too boring after becks blistering fusion set IMFO, of course ymmv.

I saw the Beck/SRV tour back then too and liked the whole thing. If you had stayed you would have seen Beck come out and play Freeway Jam with SRV and Double Trouble.. Instead I got to see SRV play it with Becks band. It was cool too, but would have been better with DT.

That Zoom CD only really has one good song (Pop Is Dead..) on it.

I remember a Knack fan being pissed at Terry Bozzio because he quit on them in the middle of their tour or something.

out..

Jeff.

I've been a Terry Bozzio fan since his Zappa days. A good friend of mine did sound for one of Zappa's tours and then went on to mix for Missing Persons which of course featured Bozzios wife. I got to meet them when they played Hartford years ago. It was a great triple bill. Missing Persons, Tood Rundgren and The Tubes!

Archived