Hamer Fan Club Message Center

OMG Hamer Steve Stevens collection for sale on NYC Craigslist

+1 on Kiz's observation. Joe is very cool to deal with. A hell of a player too. If I had not been out of job for over a year I'd be buying at least one of these. The O'Connor marbles give me goosey bumps.

Anybody want to buy an old lawyer?

morningstar

I don't know the guy...but if I was him, I wouldn't use Craigslist as a gallery to show a crapload of my guitars, especially since he says only three or so are gonna get sold. I'm not sure if I'd let a total stranger pick which one to sell, either, kinda a waste of time if the owner doesn't want to sell that particular one.

Yeah, but you're not him.

Joe fears no man.

Ain't that the truth. Found this jewel a while back; Joe's advice near the bottom.

+1 on Kiz's observation. Joe is very cool to deal with. A hell of a player too. If I had not been out of job for over a year I'd be buying at least one of these. The O'Connor marbles give me goosey bumps.

Anybody want to buy an old lawyer?

morningstar

Yeah, that's Joe. The O'Connor marble and a couple others were mine. I've also bought from him in the past. His stuff is all top notch and he's a "no BS" kind of guy. Hey, it's "Joisey!" Would you expect anything else?

I hear a guy who low-balled him is in a landfill......

Just showed Von the money shot and pointed out the ones with the signatures/decals.

Von, sarcastically phrased: "And signed by whom?"

Jeff R: "'Soupy Sales."

LOL

Joe's SS batch is incredible. I see two or three I'd love to have in my stable.

FYI, he and I swapped PMs and e-mails several times back in the day and I never had a problem with the guy, He has an edge like a machete converted into a razor but he's a straight shooter and I'd trust him 100 percent.

I wonder if the catalyst for the SSS (Steve Stevens selloff) is him finding ... what was it, the aircraft carrier graphic Californian he chased with a passion?

I inquired about one of the guitars and the reason for the sale. He told me is about to receive a custom order Zon Hyperbass and wants to offset some of the cost and thus keep the woman in his life happy. The guitar I wanted he is unwilling to part with, as he had purchased directly from Steve. He said he might be putting one or two on eBay later this week.

Archived