Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Hamer Sunburst: Does that say 7 0005??

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think 4 or 5 years ago it goes a good bit higher.

Those days might be coming back. At least it looks like these prices are coming up.

Link.

Almost a grand for a player grade '81 with dots? This hasn't happened for a while until lately.

Hamer 0005.

no, just wanted to express that it is not 0005

Correct. #0005 is a sunburst Standard with crown inlays (the first bound and crowned Standard).

I think 4 or 5 years ago it goes a good bit higher.

Those days might be coming back. At least it looks like these prices are coming up.

Link.

Almost a grand for a player grade '81 with dots? This hasn't happened for a while until lately.

This one was offered on fleabay back in November, it got up to $736 but the winner bailed out (there was a thread about it somewhere).

I was tempted myself as I loved the colour.

It was also put up for sale on the board for $850 with no takers.

It looks like the owner decided to take it to a pawnshop instead.

I wonder what they gave for it ?

Maybe time that Hamer may consider reissues....

Personally, I think that would be an awesome idea.

I thought I read on the Hamer site a hint that they measured RN's old Hamers to do some reissues.

This one was overpriced but I don't think if it was 7 0085 it would have gotten that much, but just my opinion.

I thought I read on the Hamer site a hint that they measured RN's old Hamers to do some reissues.

This one was overpriced but I don't think if it was 7 0085 it would have gotten that much, but just my opinion.

They had a couple of Rick's damaged guitars in for repairs, but those weren't being measured for reissue purposes - at least not for reissues for the general public. They were considering making copies of one or two of his more iconic, "road warrior" guitars so he could retire the originals.

Maybe time that Hamer may consider reissues....

Personally, I think that would be an awesome idea.

I don't know about reissues. When they start getting to the prices we can't afford and they are more than what they can make them for then I say ok, but most Sunburst's are under or around $1k or $1500 it doesn't make any since for me to buy a $4500 reissue.

Anyway congrats to whom ever bought this one. With a little work it will be a fine piece.

...it doesn't make any since for me to buy a $4500 reissue.

Unless you go crazy with options, the list price wouldn't even be that high.

There is something to be said for getting one brand new, optioned the way you want, in the color that you want.

You'll get butt-raped when you go to sell it, but hey... Live for today.

Archived