Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Talk about the one that got away?!? Frampton's Black Beauty Found!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I search and found some more pictures of it, man is it rough. Hard to tell what that kind of abuse will do to a guitar.

I looked for pics and all I could find were some of his Signature model LP's that were in Nashville during the flood, those were TOAST!

There are those that are skeptical. Something about inlays, parts and fret-nubs. Maybe it is.

Probably the same types of people who make "sharp knees" criticisms about supermodels they see on the internet.

There are those that are skeptical. Something about inlays, parts and fret-nubs. Maybe it is.

Probably the same types of people who make "sharp knees" criticisms about supermodels they see on the internet.

If you read some of the "analysis" in the other extensive pages on other forums, there is a real difference in the inlays. Also, Pete's was refretted in pictures with no nubs. This one has nubs. Doesn't look like it was re-bound. I think it's a great story, but there are some legit wholes to the story. Apparently.

If you read some of the "analysis" in the other extensive pages on other forums, there is a real difference in the inlays. Also, Pete's was refretted in pictures with no nubs. This one has nubs. Doesn't look like it was re-bound. I think it's a great story, but there are some legit wholes to the story. Apparently.

I'm halfway through the THIRTY pages of this thread and the speculation has gone from

1. It is the Frampton Comes Alive! guitar (a '54 LPC) to
  2. It is one of his backup guitars (which had different fingerboard inlays. TRC, paint, tuners, and bridge - and also would have been on the plane) to
  3. It is not even Frampton's backup guitar to
  4. It is the Frampton Comes Alive! guitar after all because, it appears that the FCA guitar had received a "restoration" at the Gibson factory, which would have included paint, TRC, bridge, tuners, and a new fingerboard (which would have different inlays).

But like I said, I'm only halfway through.

I'm waiting for the MLP crew to find forensic evidence that has Frampton on the grassy knoll in November of '63.

If they need, I can Photoshop it for them.

I'm halfway through the THIRTY pages of this thread and the speculation has gone from

1. It is the Frampton Comes Alive! guitar (a '54 LPC) to
  2. It is one of his backup guitars (which had different fingerboard inlays. TRC, paint, tuners, and bridge - and also would have been on the plane) to
  3. It is not even Frampton's backup guitar to
  4. It is the Frampton Comes Alive! guitar after all because, it appears that the FCA guitar had received a "restoration" at the Gibson factory, which would have included paint, TRC, bridge, tuners, and a new fingerboard (which would have different inlays).

But like I said, I'm only halfway through.

I'm waiting for the MLP crew to find forensic evidence that has Frampton on the grassy knoll in November of '63.

If they need, I can Photoshop it for them.

Ah yes! the formerly missing frames of the "Kiz-ruder film". Makes me think of that T-shirt from Killer Vintage that shows Oswald, Ruby and the sheriff.

Archived