Hamer Fan Club Message Center

the ten most righteous HFC-owned Hamers

veatch

Well.....maybe "righteous" isn't the right word for this one but it IS one of the more extreme Hamers.

Pink Pearl Snakeskin O'Conner paint all around.

Boomers on ebony.

TRIPLE-COIL Bartolini PUP.

Red LED dot inlays.

Custom undersized Scepter body w/ V headstock.

Custom cutaway upper access.

Orig owner name on headstock..."Willie Basse" of 80s all-Black metal band Black Sheep.

Custom Electronics.

Stadium Logo.

Funny true story....when a pal of mine in Hollywood who I buy/sell with called me over a decade ago, telling me about this bass that a friend of his was thinking of selling.....and he described it....I laughed and said "it sounds like Sly Stone or Bootsy Collins driving a pink pimped out Caddie designed it."

Then he said it was the bass player/producer Willie Basse, The black bassist/frontman of the metal band Black Sheep. I was told he was on that "Hear N Aid" music video that was metal's answer to "We Are the World." He's owned a studio in Hollywood for decades that does a lot of major label work.

He's asked to buy it back for more than I bought it for a few times.

The triple-coil Bartolini is an amazing pickup. I had one on a Prototype Minnieweather Bass....just a great pickup. wish they still made it.

That isn't the Keller-Cali. Kim's guitars has three single coils-rings I think. This guitar was custom made for Bill Kaman. It was a birthday present made for him by the artist at Hamer. LEDs, rev boomers and plenty-o-quilt. I think it was mistakenly called a Chapparal in the Hamer book.

It is a pretty amazing piece in person. But I am bias.

Peter

Peter is the master of understatement...

If there were ever a Hamer parody version of "Seinfeld," instead of the cast saying "NEWMAN!".....our phrase would become "FUNG!" every time a cool Hamer disappeared or popped up unexpectedly on the West Coast :)

That is a killer Bill Kaman Hamer, Peter!!! Nice score.

As a former owner of that one I won't even post a picture of it in its current state.

It's just too freaking awful.

Bite me.

I DID IT! It was fucked up anyway. It actually sounds a TON better now, and all the other damage to it made it unrestorable without removing the top and filling routes. I was going to fill the extra route and reveneer the top, so I put on the wraparound before I restored it. It worked great so I left it.

This holier than thou attitude is sad. It's a fucking guitar.

Wow. "Holier that thou" attitude? Sure seems like I'm entitled to my own valid opinion.

Looks like I struck a nerve.

It was just fine and dandy when I owned it.

If memory serves, YOU were the one who routed the middle humbucker before I got it - I didn't have the beaver rout/single coil or whatever was in there before I owned it.

Nothing but a couple insignificant lines between the mounting rings and it played great.

I'm WELL aware of my facts here.

Didn't bother me.

I bought it to play it not hang it up!

I think Chris was talking about the sustain block being better than the wraptail. Having played both, I preferred the sustain block, but whatever...oh well.

The guitar was hacked up by the guy I got it from who thought it was a good idea to chisel a 'route' for a Tele (?) bridge pickup. Three humbuckers was the only way to try to make the damage less noticeable, which Greg did with the mess that was there. It looked ok in pictures and wasn't overly apparent from a few feet away.

Again, I'm well aware of the history. I recall very vividly discussing the mods with you (Serial) before they happened. If I recall, my old RP1 went into that Sunburst... )

HFC vets have seen/heard about this guitar ad nauseum, but for newer folks...aw hell, I just like talking about my baby :P

I submit my 1992 Californian doubleneck that's not exactly a Californian, with 24 frets and custom pickup layout. It came with EMG 89s, but Seymour Duncans just sound a whole lot better. Sustainiac was added a couple years ago.

It's not the flashiest Hamer, but like so many in this thread, it is unique. And, to me at least, it is the best goddamned guitar on earth :)

post-1146-0-99105400-1419391378_thumb.jp

Archived