Hamer Fan Club Message Center

What's the default pickups of Hamer guitar?

Guest mrrays

Guest mrrays

I'm planning to change my pickups..

and I don't know the default pickups of Hamer guitar.

My guitar is Diablo.

If default pickups are better than what I'm planning to buy..

then I have to replan it..

Please let me know...

Thank you..

Guest JackButler

Most Diablo I's came with Duncans. A JB in the bridge and a '59 in the neck. I'm not a big fan of the JB..with the EXCEPTION of the one in my Diablo. I think its a combination of the JB and the alder body. I've played a few other alder bodied guits made by other manufacturers that come with JB's and it seems to definitely be the combo of the two.

I have seen a few Diablo's that had DiMarzio pup's in there.

BTW the JB in the Diablo is the "trembucker" or F-spaced version.

The Diablo I got from Jack (and sold back to him) had a pair of JBs in it. I just didn't care for the tone so I swapped them with a pair of Distortions. That thing became a beast of mythcal proportions.

Guest Mike Lee

My lefty Diablo came with the JB/'59 combo wired out of phase.

Later Diablo's came with DiMarzio's - Tone Zone & Air Norton.

Hello Diablo owners,

I saw this posting and wanted to contribute my information about this guitar. I own a 1994 Hamer USA Diablo II guitar. My pickup configuration on this guitar is humbucker, single coil, humbucker. My guitar has Dimarzio guitar pickups in it. I have a Air Norton (neck), an HS-2 (middle) and a Tone Zone (bridge). This guitar is currently my #1 axe along with my 1990 Chapparal Elite 90 guitar. Whatever pickups you choose depends on your playing style and personal tastes. I have to agree with the guys on the board that the '59/JB combo is the default pickups for the Diablo, but I know that models of later years have Dimarzio guitar pickups installed.

Guitar George

Archived