Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Announcing the launch of B-Way Guitars

If you are thinking about getting one. Do it.

I still have mine, will never sell mine.  The experience of talking through the purchase was a pleasure from start to finish, and the guitar is beautiful, ergonomic, unique, and beautiful.

Tight neck joint = great tone.  one of my naturally loudest guitars.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame said:

If you are thinking about getting one. Do it.

I still have mine, will never sell mine.  The experience of talking through the purchase was a pleasure from start to finish, and the guitar is beautiful, ergonomic, unique, and beautiful.

Tight neck joint = great tone.  one of my naturally loudest guitars.

Thanks, man. Happy to hear that you're still digging it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Accidents happen. The neck on my recent tobacco burst build was badly dinged in transit. My go-to fix of steaming out the dings with a soldering iron and wet paper towel didn't work on the roasted maple, which is absolutely impervious to moisture. So I turned to Plan B, which involved filling the dings with heaping beads of superglue, letting them cure for a few days, carefully filing and scraping them back down to flush with the surrounding surface, and then blending the area back to a satin finish with a green Scotchbrite pad. The result isn't exactly invisible, but at least those dings aren't going to feel distracting under the thumb anymore.

ding-repair.jpg

Archived