Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer History Vintage Guitar (Need #3 of 4)

Vintage guitar did an excellent history of Hamer in 2000. You can can still find them through back door searches. It is four parts, in pdf. The 3rd part can be downloaded but is corrupt.

Does anyone have the 3rd part (HAMER_03_WRIGHT_AUG_2000.pdf) or them all combined? Would be great if someone had it.

It has great advertisements which tells the wood type of various guitars along with the history by Michael Wright, Andrew Mathis and the great Peter Fung. It is simply called Hamer - High end boutique or budget Vintage?

Here are the 3 parts combined that I downloaded and uploaded to my company site.

#3 deals with the early 90's I believe. I want it!

http://compusouth.net/images/Hamer_History_Vintage_Guitar_2000.pdf

Vintage guitar did an excellent history of Hamer in 2000. You can can still find them through back door searches. It is four parts, in pdf. The 3rd part can be downloaded but is corrupt.

Does anyone have the 3rd part (HAMER_03_WRIGHT_AUG_2000.pdf) or them all combined? Would be great if someone had it.

It has great advertisements which tells the wood type of various guitars along with the history by Michael Wright, Andrew Mathis and the great Peter Fung. It is simply called Hamer - High end boutique or budget Vintage?

Here are the 3 parts combined that I downloaded and uploaded to my company site.

#3 deals with the early 90's I believe. I want it!

That Andrew Mathis is as bad as Sybil...you never know which side of the pond that guy's coming from!

That's Andrew Large and Steve Matthes. That segment is pretty lame IMHO-the stuff Doc Large and I contributed the most on is much better, but there is still a ton of inaccurate info in there (not provided by us!).

The book will be far better...;)

That's Andrew Large and Steve Matthes. That segment is pretty lame IMHO-the stuff Doc Large and I contributed the most on is much better, but there is still a ton of inaccurate info in there (not provided by us!). The book will be far better... ;)

says the pimp! ;)

Thanks. I hit the jackpot, complaining wankers aside that is :)

I turned the .gif of the #3 article into a .pdf if you want. I also included it with the others in 1 pdf file. I wanted something on the imports and #3 has it. The entire article is better than some let on. There pictures and advertisements are worth having it.

http://compusouth.net/images/hamer03.pdf

Complete

Nice.

Those "complaining wankers" know more than almost anybody else in the world about the brand.

This "complaining wanker" provided the bulk of the printed material to Mr. Wright.

I'm from the USA, southeastern, the word wanker is not used with without hearing Davis St. Hubbins voice.

This article has some information that I was looking for that is not in any of the others. A run down of the wood and dates of the 1st set of imports, that is not officially documented anywhere. So I guess wankers was light hearted response to the assumption that I and was an aimless plebe looking for the encyclopedia of Hamer.

Take it how you choose to. My point was simply that there is a fair amount of misinformation, incorrect specs, etc. in there. If it works for you, great!

Take it how you choose to. My point was simply that there is a fair amount of misinformation, incorrect specs, etc. in there. If it works for you, great!

I appreciate the information. In hindsight I am just being a smart arse. I am for the most part only interested in the USA and early Korean Strat shaped guitars. I am late to the Hamer family but doubt I'll ever buy anything else unless it's spur of the moment. They have the best metal guitar imo, the Diablo's and the best Stratocaster for the money in the early 90's ash Daytona.

I want to read all the major write up's on Hamer, a few mistakes is not going to override getting to view all the old ads and the write up in general. I have read it, and it's not so bad. I say the more the merrier. Just like having a Californian Elite USA and a Korean cali with Duncan Design pickups. Keep them both.

Oh, I see what you did there Doc! ;)

Archived