Hamer Fan Club Message Center

WTB 1991 Jeff Beck Strat

Jeff Beck doesn't play a Jeff Beck Strat. You'll search in vain for an early JB Strat or Strat Plus with that 1st generation Wilkinson roller nut, and you can't buy one to install as they aren't made anymore. Just buy a early 90's Strat Plus w/ rosewood board and having the 2nd generation Wilkinson roller nut which has all 6 strings running though it. Then, install good quality single coils in place of the Lace Sensors. That's about as close as you will get to the guitar Jeff's been playing for over 20 years.

Saw one sell here recently where I live.1991 Fender JB Stratocaster in White, had the first gen version of the Wilkenson roller and had a HUGE neck profile! It went for $1,500.00 and was all original and in excellent condition with the OHSC.

post-110025-0-50002300-1376655721_thumb.

There is also a black 87 Strat Plus on Ebay with the original 1 st generation Wilkinson nut on a rosewood board and having 3 s/c Lace sensors .

So,my comment about 'searching in vain' for such a guitar was overstated.

I know the Jeff Beck guitar and the one he actually plays are 2 different guitars. In fact, Jeff said he hated the original Jeff Beck strat and even in the early 90's was playing a variation of that guitar. He hated the neck. But I loved that neck. I was in a Long Island guitar shop in the early 90's and saw one new for $1000. I hemmed and hawed, went back to buy it and it was sold. Haven't seen an original since.

That also happened to me when I wanted to buy a solid maple USA Cali. Less than $1,000 brand new at a store in Commack, NY. I went back a week or two later...gone.

In his 1999 Tokyo Concert DVD, he straps on a Fender JB Strat with the skinny Lace ball-bearing nut for a few bars of (as I recall) Blue Wind, probably just to fulfill contract obligations, and then it's back to his #1 mutt-strat for the rest of the show.

Archived