Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Saw KISS Last Night

I have not had time to write a review of last night KISS concert. Here is the really short version.

KISS was great. They always put on a good show.

Paul's voice was a little hoarse. He could not hit a high note. The beginning "WAAAaaaaAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaOOOOOOOOOHHHH!" of Heaven's On Fire was a moment that Paul likely would like to forget.

When KISS started playing I Was Made For Loving You it was obvious that there was no way Paul would hit those high notes. Paul had to be thinking, "How do I get through this?" He dropped those down about three octaves and carefully sang those lines.

I wish I could get excited about Kiss as they exist today. I love the original 4 members in full regalia.. having said that, I have seen Kiss without make up in various incarnations with Vinnie, Bruce and Eric Carr. I feel like they've become the Beatlemania Gene always wanted with hired players imitating the originals.

Hope you enjoyed it. But I agree with Murkat. You did not see KISS. You saw a sad, sad shadow of it's former mighty self.

They did two gigs here in Sweden this summer. Apparently it was a lot of fire, flying steel snakes and what have you not. But the band sucked.

Pauls voice was terrible on these gigs too, so I guess his voice is forever gone....

This is what Meja says about it all:

FIXED IT

I never really appreciated Ace and Peter until they left. Ace was sadly missed day one, Peter... it took a while, then I misse his jazzy side.

Don't get me wrong, I loved'm, I just didn't realize how hard they were to replace.

I never really appreciated Ace and Peter until they left. Ace was sadly missed day one, Peter... it took a while, then I misse his jazzy side.

Don't get me wrong, I loved'm, I just didn't realize how hard they were to replace.

Peter is like Philthy Animal Taylor and Steven Adler: Eric Singer, Mikkey Dee and Matt Sorum are far superior technical rock drummers, but their respective bands lost something without the original guys.

But if they did, how would they continue to milk the fans' cash for the next 25 years?

Chemistry...is what made the original Kiss great..Gene and Paul know that, too. They should have called it quits after the Reunion Tour!

And it aggravates them that fans know it, too, and that some fans prefer Ace and Peter to Tommy and Eric, no matter how much Gene and Paul try to spin that it's a better band now.

Alan

Chemistry...is what made the original Kiss great..Gene and Paul know that, too. They should have called it quits after the Reunion Tour!

And it aggravates them that fans know it, too, and that some fans prefer Ace and Peter to Tommy and Eric, no matter how much Gene and Paul try to spin that it's a better band now.

Alan

It has cheesed Gene for decades that Ace, even with all the defects of character, is infinitely cooler than he is. IMO the solo albums were a vehicle to publicly embarrass Ace and Peter and prove who really made the band tick. It totally backfired on Gene, who I'm sure was convinced that Ace would release a total turd. In fact, the opposite happened.

Well, Chris...when you wish upon a star and all...

Brace yourself with a strong drink.

I remember buying it as a middle school kid who scraped up and pooled money to buy that crap-filled plastic disk. After listening to it once, I wished I had my $5.97 back.

Brace yourself with a strong drink.

I remember buying it as a middle school kid who scraped up and pooled money to buy that crap-filled plastic disk. After listening to it once, I wished I had my $5.97 back.

You shoulda given it the "ELO Out of the Blue" treatment.

Archived