Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'50's vintage wiring?

hamerican gigolo

Question

4 answers to this question

Hamers come this way wired from the factory. A least my 3 arrived to me that way. It is simply moving one wire on the tone pot, IIRC.

Just a note, on 10 and on 0 it doesn't make the slightest difference, it's electrically identical. So for all the guys you read about who go "It made a huge difference the minute I plugged in!" you know they've got a bad case of the Dunning-Kruger effect. (Or they changed other parts/values that made the difference).

"The Dunning-Kruger effect is a well-known phenomenon in psychology first named in 1998, but it has been recognized since before the Bible and Shakespeare. In a nutshell, it is (as Bertrand Russell put it) ”The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.” There is also another well-known psychological phenomenon: motivated reasoning. Our brains have many blind spots in them that allow us to reconcile the real world with the world as we want it to be, and reduce the clash of cognitive dissonance. The most familiar of these is confirmation bias, where we see only what we want to see, and ignore or forget anything that doesn’t fit our preferred world-view. When this bias emerges in argument, it takes the form of cherry-picking: finding a few facts out of context that seem to support what we want to believe, and ignoring everything else that contradicts what we are trying to promote."

Just a note, on 10 and on 0 it doesn't make the slightest difference, it's electrically identical. So for all the guys you read about who go "It made a huge difference the minute I plugged in!" you know they've got a bad case of the Dunning-Kruger effect. (Or they changed other parts/values that made the difference).

"The Dunning-Kruger effect is a well-known phenomenon in psychology first named in 1998, but it has been recognized since before the Bible and Shakespeare. In a nutshell, it is (as Bertrand Russell put it) ”The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.” There is also another well-known psychological phenomenon: motivated reasoning. Our brains have many blind spots in them that allow us to reconcile the real world with the world as we want it to be, and reduce the clash of cognitive dissonance. The most familiar of these is confirmation bias, where we see only what we want to see, and ignore or forget anything that doesn’t fit our preferred world-view. When this bias emerges in argument, it takes the form of cherry-picking: finding a few facts out of context that seem to support what we want to believe, and ignoring everything else that contradicts what we are trying to promote."

Hey now,this is a gear forum,not a college dissertation. Too many thoughts & ideas makes my head hurt!!! ;-)

Archived