Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Dean Colt

BTMN

I SWEAR I don't need another guitar and thank goodness this is not available in Natural or Trans Amber, yet. ponder.gifeek5.gif32.gif

coltcbk.jpg

I could see some crazy Uncle Ted tones coming from that beast with a nice set of 59's. headbang.gifheadbang.gifheadbang.gifnotworthy.gif

That's really nice. Not normally a Dean guy, but I'd go for that.

Is it LP-size, 335-size, or somewhere in between? That in between-size (cough....cough...Newport.....cough....) has become very appealing lately, mostly because of the fat-guy-in-a-little-coat syndrome that comes with playing Les Pauls and Specials.

I like it but why do manufacturers bother with mini switches, I hate them (even on my Mockingbird) a push pull pot wouldn't add that much to the price would it?

Because you need 3 options - a push-pull won't cut it here as the mini is to select piezo, mags. or both.

For $540 you can't go wrong.

I'm doubting that thin body is gonna take ya to Byrdland country, though. Maybe close, but it's not gonna hit ya with the WHOMP! as well.

But again, $540 versus a few grand at minimum... the horsie beats the bird...

Wow! Dean is a living brand, that's for sure.

But I also prefer it natural or with a trans finish -red, blue, green...

BTW, I prefer the mini-switch as well to push-pull knobs all the way.

I see the reasoning but to me mini switches always look like an afterthought, especially on guitars that are trying to look retro.

A 3 way rotary switch with a chicken head knob would look much cooler and fit with the retro vibe.

I like it but why do manufacturers bother with mini switches, I hate them (even on my Mockingbird) a push pull pot wouldn't add that much to the price would it?

+1 on that,its one of my pet hates.

I like the S1 switch on the fenders just push the volume pot and bingo

Archived