Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The "official" HFC Klon KTR thread :)

unfun75

But in all seriousness... I added my name to Sound Pure's wait list for the new batch of KTR's. I'm number 16!

Buying for investment purposes. I never intend to take it out of the box.

I'm still peeved I didn't buy an original for $299 when they were still available. I could have easily tripled my investment.

And the, seemingly, thousands of Les Paul R9s pumped out each year will mostly be flipped immediately for big profits.

Is that not the implication from the many dealers trying to move them? <_<

"This way to the Egress" Sign posted by P.T. Barnum at his museum of curiosities in a strategic location so that inquisitive visitors had to repay admission to see the rest of the museum.

I saw that ^^^ yesterday, and I love that it's what? $70! :lol:

You've got to hand it to EH for even offering such a thing.

No way am I about to check over at TGP to see the epic thread of arguments on that topic.

What EH needs to do now is offer a Special Limited Edition of the Soul Food - sparkly gold box or something - for $700. Then it would sound much more Klon-like!

The whole point of the KTR was to provide pedals at serious quantity and at a reasonable price versus the collectible/Cork-Sniffer price of $1,200+

I hope he makes 10,000 of them, and they sell all-day-long for $300/each, tops. In all honesty, the things are worth $100 in parts/labor, NONE of them are made to "Alexander Dumble"-level precision or frequency analysis.

Never met a Klon clone that matched up. And I've tried six different popular clones. Ethan at LoveKraft came closest, but he's not making them anymore.

I've ordered three of them. One to keep and the other two to pay for it!

I saw that ^^^ yesterday, and I love that it's what? $70! :lol:

You've got to hand it to EH for even offering such a thing.

No way am I about to check over at TGP to see the epic thread of arguments on that topic.

$63 at MF. My first thought was to make some popcorn, THEN go over to TGP and see what they're saying. The thread was started on 12/12 and is now 12 pages long. I've just done some random sampling, but the reaction seems surprising favorable.

I've had my Klon for years long before the bubble started, and have been tempted to sell for a large profit, but I use it all the time and haven't found anything else that does what it does. Maybe I'll try the EH. I'd love to find a cheap pedal that could replace it and cash out.

I've had my Klon for years long before the bubble started, and have been tempted to sell for a large profit, but I use it all the time and haven't found anything else that does what it does. Maybe I'll try the EH. I'd love to find a cheap pedal that could replace it and cash out.

So, what DOES it do that warrants all the fuss? Serious question as I have not had the pleasure.......

So, what DOES it do that warrants all the fuss? Serious question as I have not had the pleasure.......

It's PLEK for your amp!! :o:ph34r:

ordered the eh " soul drive ", jan 11 delivery date at MF. I'm more curious than sold on the klon" voodoo " . theres only so many ways to bias an ic , op amp , diode , cmos , soo ....we'll see what the soul drive is all about , if I dont like it I'd be happy to ship it off to anyone who has a klon & wants to to an a/b sound test & post the results ( preferably with audio) .

I'm going to buy a Soul Food, strip it, paint it gold, and put a decal of Donkey from Shrek on it.

Found this witty bit of wordplay that might provide some fodder: Centaur Trek

CentaurTrek.jpg

ETA: this :lol:

centaur_of_the_road_by_kentauros-d41s8f9

Archived