Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carfish7

How about some 'bone this morning?

Wife walked through the room and stopped and listened with me (that rarely happens). She thought it was great! We listened to a few others of their videos - very good group!

Awesome! I never was a fan of the trombone either, but very cool. Just when I thought it wouldn't get any better, I listened to their version of 'Carry On Wayward Son'... damn, what an evil sounding lead trombone! :lol:

Nice! I played Trombone for a few years in High School, I liked it MUCH better than trumpet! This makes me want to go listen to early Chicago albums. B)

Wow. Those guys can really play slide. :o The dude playing muted distortion kicked arse. His grin indicated that he knew he kicked arse. Kind of a cross between dirty slide and dirty harmonica. Very cool.

This makes me want to go listen to early Chicago albums.

James Pankow is my favorite trombonist, and not just because he's the real-life brother-in-law to Buffy the Vampire Slayer's mother.

One Saturday afternoon back in college, I was walking around downtown Phildelphia and heard this awesome music, winding its way among the skyscrapers. I followed the sound and soon found it source, and group of teenage street musicians, jamming. The band consisted of 11 trombones, a baritone, and a tuba. Talk about your fat tones.

Awesome! I never was a fan of the trombone either, but very cool. Just when I thought it wouldn't get any better, I listened to their version of 'Carry On Wayward Son'... damn, what an evil sounding lead trombone! :lol:

Oh, yeah!