Hamer Fan Club Message Center

" Working Man Guitar "

No you miss the point :)

The theme of this thread was to get peoples ideas for a WMG. That's what chapman does, so I thought

Maybe the same process could be used here.

I was not suggesting for one second we can all get our guitars made in China :)

Jeez

Geoff

Not at all interested.

Same here.

Besides, all things China have the prerequisite lead filling.

B)

Guest gearwhore

this guy makes custom guitars for $1500 for basic and options cost more...oh and he makes most the stuff from scratch,even has his own pickup.

http://www.hardenengineering.com/

not hamers but hand made here in the USA and reasonable and very nice work one of my clients had two of bills guitar and they were pretty sweet..I have said for 2 years I am going to have one built but I cant commit to a design..and for some reason his new website shows less designs but he will build almost how ever as long as he get to put his flare on your style..

The theme of this thread was to get peoples ideas for a WMG. That's what chapman does, so I thought

Jeez

Geoff

I totally got your point. You are missing the OP's point. We don't want spec built guitars from China. We're talking about a quality built, USA made instrument.

Jeez

Geoff

I totally got your point. You are missing the OP's point. We don't want spec built guitars from China. We're talking about a quality built, USA made instrument.

...built BY the OP.

Jeez

Geoff

Does this line not mean anything to you?

"I was not suggesting for one second we can all get our guitars made in China "

Not really.

Jeez

Geoff

...built BY the OP.

Oh man!

I give up :)

Not at all interested.

Same here.

Besides, all things China have the prerequisite lead filling.

B)

Yeah, like I said above your post.

I know.

It was a sarcastic comment on all things China.

• 4 weeks later...

Will have some things to post here shortly about getting things off of the ground along these lines...

Will have some things to post here shortly about getting things off of the ground along these lines...

Serial, You make me wish we had one of those jumping up and down waving his arms in delight emoticons.

:D

• 1 month later...

Do it. Double cutaway with the long standard headstock. An affordable, but quality wood.....alder, maybe? Is that cheaper than hog? Basswood?

Flat top but with bevels, unless that runs the price up. Sustainblock for uniqueness.

P90s or HBs.

Pics of the build as it progresses. I am a huge fan of Lil Dawg Amps. A one Man operation out of Sacramento. In fact, all my amps except one are Dawgs. He sends pics along the way and that is exciting. It bonds the customer to the amp before it ever arrives.

He is unique in that he builds to the working man as well. Classic circuits that very few people build in some cases. EXCELLENT customer service responsiveness and top shelf quality. No bling unless you want to pay more for it. Inexpensive hand-wired high quality tube amps that sound awesome.

He has made it work in the amp world. No affiliation except a happy repeat customer. His model is working.

What's WMG?

"Working Man's Guitar". Can also be a "Working Mother's Guitar"...

Archived