Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Hamer Schaller trem question

e-isle rock

Question

6 answers to this question

Don't even bother with helicoils mate. The new-style Schaller base-plate now has STEEL INSERTS and is an exact fit for the HAMER one. It will never strip again. I bought one to replace my stripped plate on my 91 Cent. OK, so you lose the HAMER logo but trust me, you won't regret buying one of the new Schaller base-plates ;)

http://www.rockinger.com/index.php?cat=WG075〈=eng&product=1637C%2F1637S%2F1637G&sid3=941c22543b5d93d23766ab8b7eee0777

Pic of the base-plate + steel inserts. It will be stamped with the Schaller logo (only pic I could find)...

fr2-schbp00.jpg

Like this...

44555.jpg

Oh! Here you go (here's my original thread on the same subject) http://www.hamerfanclub.com/forums/topic/57029-wanted-hamer-schaller-floyd-rose/

The hard part is finding one. Might almost be better to just buy an entire new schaller unit and have the rest for spare parts.

I am still looking for another base plate as a backup for my gold diablo. I already replaced the base plate on my red one.

Thanks for the replies. I did replace the trem with a new Schaller with the hardened inserts sometime ago. I just have this Hamer branded Schaller sitting in my parts bin and I was thinking about repairing it and then installing helicoils in the rest of the saddle screw holes for reliability. Then putting it back in the Cent and selling the non-Hamer branded trem. So, looks like M3. I'll take your advice and give Schaller a call to be make sure then order a kit.

Thanks again!

I think I may just get an entire new unit. Honestly the condition of one of my trems is not exactly great. the previous owner sweated a LOT and caused quite a bit of rust damage, so it may be better to just replace the whole thing, and keep it for spare parts.

Archived