Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Anyone have a Mesa Boogie subway blues for sale?

NEVER! :D

Seriously: best to you on your search. I for one know first hand that this is a worthwhile quest! If you have a choice, grab one of the later ones with the bright/fat switch rather than the two separate inputs.

I really really really like this amp. Dreamy reverb too, that sounds great on any setting.

There's this one on eBay - $700(!).

Completed listings show the actual range is a bit lower on amps that appear to be in better shape than that one.

No idea. I bought mine just before I quit playing out (around 2008) and really haven't been paying a lot of attention lately.

Don't see any listed on TGP.

Found this one on Reverb.com for $575 - it's one of the later ones with the switch and half-power OT jack. Looks very clean. Whether it's a buy or not is up to you, of course, but in my opinion this is a much better deal than the eBay unit.

I used to have one and definitely didn't really understand what I had. At that time I was into big stacks and was using a ADA MP-1! haha, a few years later I realized the error of my ways. I think I sold mine for like $350 on craigslist in around 2003 or so. I have been using a princeton reverb for the last few years as my home / recording amp and had the chance to A / B it with my buddy's Subway blues. The Mesa was louder but a little harsher and the reverb was more in the background, as if the "mix" were set lower. Overall, it was great sounding though and that extra power, different power amp section sure makes it different from a Princeton reverb so I can see the niche that the subway blues fills. Good luck on your search!

D

Archived