Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD- Suhr!

Was freezing my ass off in Virginia Beach Va. while on vacation last week and in my efforts to combat boredom, I went guitar store browsing. Came across this beauty. Mistakenly decided to try it out. BIG mistake. Costly mistake. But holy shit, for production ax with a standard head stock, this thing looks, plays and sounds fookin' sweet.

10246429_10203598368910357_7555984300437

A friend is a big Suhr fan....Thus far I am resisting, as I have enough vices. But if he keeps dithering and does NOT buy that exceptional one I found for him, I may have to think about it again.

Have fun with it!

Gonna refinish and add a 3-way Gibson toggle switch?

Nah. The finish is killer. Not ALL of my axes have eye-searing, neon, day-glo, cheesola, 80's graphic finishes. I like a good flame top with a orange to red burst on it. I will say that if I could do it without screwing up the finish, I'd put a 3 way toggle on there in a heart beat. However, the tonal variations that 5 way can create are kinda cool, if versatility is your thing. I'm a one trick pony and with a bad leg, at that, so that kind of versatility is wasted on me.

And f*ck no, you all can't have it just because you can utilize such versatility... :P;):lol:

Pretty nice thing! I bet it sounds great.

Oh sorry! You bought it for the great sound. B)

Alpha it was!

Cool. I used to make a pilgrimage down there about twice a year when I was in high school and college just to look and dream (I didn't really play yet). I remember they had SG's autographed by Tony Iommi and Angus Young once. Now that my local mom and pop is gone, they are really the best and closest indie music store to me at 100 miles or so. I need to keep them on my search radar.

Dammit, I can be a fickle guitar whore sometimes. I A/B-ed it against my Hamers and the CS Charvel and decided I was gonna sell it. Call it buyers remorse. Then I decided to give it some time to grow on me. I'm now thinking that it is one of, if not THE best ax I've ever played. :P

Definitely text book "fickle". Now I'm back to: don't consider it the best ax but still wanting to keep it... :P

Archived