Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Cost to retop a standard?

RoyB still has the Standard he retopped. We talked about it last week.

murkat retopped my Sunburst, and has done a lot of restoration work for other people here. I am happy with what he did for me, and it did put my investment over the resale value of the guitar. I played that Sunburst a lot before making a decision to have anything done.

dgstandard had a re-topped 4-digit for sale for some time here. He posted it again like last week. It's gone now, so I assume it finally sold. It was gorgeous.
But if you want to know approx cost, (he did it at Hamer so assumably it was more expensive than other places), it will give you an indication at least.

The 'fill' of just the route would bug me - I'd re-top the whole thing with a bookmatched virgin plank, colored the original burst finish, with all of the original electronics and hardware. DO IT..... :rolleyes: You know you want to.

I used to own the retopped sunburst and saw it and its original state. It is now EXACTLY as it was and this is after a house fire damaged it, a lot!

Sweet lord... a house fire can cause a Kahlering? Is there no justice in this world!

Insult to injury! :LOL

Archived