Hamer Fan Club Message Center

'92 Hamer T-62, Mint, OHSC, $725

Up for grabs is a MINT Hamer T-62 in seafoam green, serial #: 229908. I'm posting this ad for a jamming buddy who has purchased way too many guitars recently and would like to stay married. Hence, this collector's quality T-62 is up for grabs.

Even the OHSC is mint condition - I was able to borrow this guitar for a night and I was almost afraid to play it - it's that clean. It's got all the traditional Strat tones with the added benefit of the internal EQ for access to a variety of usuable tones. Here's the specs from the Hamer site:

T-62

In ’91, Hamer followed the Vintage S with another, more conventional-looking, Strat-style guitar, the T-62. This had the smaller body of the Vintage S, with the same thin, pointy horns (compared to a Fender Strat) and slightly rounded edges. Instead of a tiger maple body, the T-62 came with an alder body and opaque finishes. Also, it featured a white pickguard on which were mounted three Alnico single-coil pickups in a Strat configuration. Otherwise the T-62 was similar to the Vintage S with a bolt-on birdseye maple neck, six-in-line Hamer headstock, 22-fret pau ferro fingerboard, pearl dots, ABM non-locking roller bridge vibrato, Lubritrak nut, locking Sperzels, five-way, volume, tone, and internal three-band EQ with bypass switch. Colors were Daphne Blue, Emerald Green, Seafoam Green, two-tone sunburst, three-tone sunburst, transparent blue, transparent white, and vintage white.

Harmony Central reviews

Since I also want to stay married, I'm passing on this fine instrument. Price is $725 and payment may be made via USPS Money Order or Paypal (you pay the fees). You can check the seller's Ebay feedback under "cawirth" - you'll see that he has excellent feedback.

Questions can be directed to Chris at the following address: [email protected]

Good luck!

100_2827.jpg

100_2828.jpg

100_2832.jpg

100_2830.jpg

100_2834.jpg

They sound similar to a stock Daytona when the active EQ is not engaged. With the EQ, you can pretty much get anything you want short of heavy metal. When I demoed it for a night, I dialed in Jimi and SRV almost immediately and Gilmour as well. I was surprised how well it handled overdrive - this instrument could easily been the only one you bring to a gig and have everything covered.

Also, Chris says that the $725 includes shipping to the lower 48. Quite a deal considering the condition.

They sound similar to a stock Daytona when the active EQ is not engaged. With the EQ, you can pretty much get anything you want short of heavy metal. When I demoed it for a night, I dialed in Jimi and SRV almost immediately and Gilmour as well. I was surprised how well it handled overdrive - this instrument could easily been the only one you bring to a gig and have everything covered.

Also, Chris says that the $725 includes shipping to the lower 48. Quite a deal considering the condition.

+ 1

But you had to mention that these are 7/8 guitars, but they have the best trem (ABM) I ever had.

Why?

Lots of reasons.

1. They are lighter. Yes they have a 7/8 size body and that is part of it, but I am convinced that Hamer used better wood on these guitars than they did on the Daytona. The T-62 was a high-end Hamer when it was introduced. It was priced *way* higher than a Daytona.

2. This was one of the very few Hamers that had a Pau-Ferro fretboard. Pau-Ferro is somewhere between rosewood and ebony in density and tone. This gave the T-62 a brighter edge that I really enjoyed. Some consider this guitar to be overly bright, but I didn't find that at all.

3. The preamp gives a multitude of tones that just aren't found on a Daytona. I was able to drive the front end of a tube amp very easily with these guitars and it sounded wonderful.

4. The figured neck on these is drop dead beautiful. I had one that was insane. granted, this is purely cosmetic, but it really made a visual difference.

5. Last, but not least....the ABM Trem. One of the finest trems I have ever used. The thing sounds amazing and feels great. the only trem I have ever played that I liked better was the trem on my Huber. Way beyond anything the Daytona had...the Wilkie just can't hang with this.

Others may disagree...but I have had several of these and they were all great guitars. None of the Daytonas or T-51s I have had even came close, and I have had several. Including some one of a kind examples, like the only hardtail Daytona known.

Why?

Lots of reasons.

1. They are lighter. Yes they have a 7/8 size body and that is part of it, but I am convinced that Hamer used better wood on these guitars than they did on the Daytona. The T-62 was a high-end Hamer when it was introduced. It was priced *way* higher than a Daytona.

2. This was one of the very few Hamers that had a Pau-Ferro fretboard. Pau-Ferro is somewhere between rosewood and ebony in density and tone. This gave the T-62 a brighter edge that I really enjoyed. Some consider this guitar to be overly bright, but I didn't find that at all.

3. The preamp gives a multitude of tones that just aren't found on a Daytona. I was able to drive the front end of a tube amp very easily with these guitars and it sounded wonderful.

4. The figured neck on these is drop dead beautiful. I had one that was insane. granted, this is purely cosmetic, but it really made a visual difference.

5. Last, but not least....the ABM Trem. One of the finest trems I have ever used. The thing sounds amazing and feels great. the only trem I have ever played that I liked better was the trem on my Huber. Way beyond anything the Daytona had...the Wilkie just can't hang with this.

Others may disagree...but I have had several of these and they were all great guitars. None of the Daytonas or T-51s I have had even came close, and I have had several. Including some one of a kind examples, like the only hardtail Daytona known.

+1

I bought my second one a couple of weeks ago (originally I planned to sell it trough) but it's so great I'll keep it as a spare. These are in my eyes one of the best bolt-ons I ever had.

0f1b8284.jpg

What's the neck profile like?

Is this one really light? My left shoulder has been hurting a lot lately and I just can't deal with heavy guitars anymore.

All of the ones that I had were very light. None of them were heavy at all, most of them were featherweights.

The neck is really the only drawback to these guitars. All of mine had small necks. I loved them, but those with bigger hands than I have can't play them comfortably for very long. The necks are similar to the early 90s Specials, although I cannot speak for this particular guitar.

Is this one really light? My left shoulder has been hurting a lot lately and I just can't deal with heavy guitars anymore.

All of the ones that I had were very light. None of them were heavy at all, most of them were featherweights.

Mine are about 6 lbs each.

Mine are about 6 lbs each.

6 lbs is great. But can't do the skinny neck.

Guest cawirth

I really appreciate all the interest in the guitar and the many e-mails I recieved on it. However, the guitar has sold (pending payment) this morning. Mike is the lucky new owner. Sorry for not posting this response earlier this morning, but did not have access to a computer througout most the day.

Cheers,

Chris :rolleyes:

Archived