Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FWAM! Custom progress

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWAM is just a sound effect homage to the beloved comic books of my youth. Along the lines of the POW and ZOWIE you'd have seen/heard on the Adam West Batman series back in the late 60's, early 70's.

FWAM is just a sound effect homage to the beloved comic books of my youth. Along the lines of the POW and ZOWIE you'd have seen/heard on the Adam West Batman series back in the late 60's, early 70's.

I remember seeing this in the cinema in Germany back in the 70ties. Loved the car, even had one from Corgi.

But as a sound I prefer the BUMPF Nightcrawler used to make when he disappears.

Great googly-moogly, Bat-Man! Thems are some fancy inlays! (er, I still pickup an occasional comic, what with getting free pro-passes to the San Diego Con every year.)

Those inlays are COOL!!!

I never thought to do anything other than the traditional fret markers.

I remember seeing this in the cinema in Germany back in the 70ties. Loved the car, even had one from Corgi.

This will surely reveal my depth of comic book fandom but Nightcrawler's sound effect when he teleported is BAMF! :lol:

I was always partial to the sound effect accompanying Wolverine's claws popping out- SNIKT!

How much longer till you take possession of this new babe?

Hard to say. My guess is another couple of months or so. Believe it or not, Jackson CS is not happy with the quality of the inlay material and they contacted me about other options. We're investigating those options. This could take a couple of weeks, especially if they change the inlay material. I know the body and neck aren't painted yet either- that's a month right there, given the intricacy of the design. Then there's hardware, wiring, final inspection, shipping, etc.

how long - total time - do you anticipate this order to take?

LMAO! Oh, that. Well, It was 2 years at March. We're looking at 28 months, if my math is right. :P

This will surely reveal my depth of comic book fandom but Nightcrawler's sound effect when he teleported is BAMF! :lol:

I was always partial to the sound effect accompanying Wolverine's claws popping out- SNIKT!

Whats the correct phrase? "I stand corrected"? I certainly do.

BAMF translates to BUMPF in German :)

I am sorry - no. The sounds of Nighty and Logan were/are drawn and so part of the graphics. So they couldn't be translated. BAMF and SNIKT are kind of a worldwide spoken language... :-)

I am sorry - no. The sounds of Nighty and Logan were/are drawn and so part of the graphics. So they couldn't be translated. BAMF and SNIKT are kind of a worldwide spoken language... :-)

And then there is GEIL! B)

What about Wunderubergeil....

and for the french speakers, a french song by Serge Gainsburg (viens dans mon comic strip)

Viens petite fille dans mon comic strip
Viens faire des bull´s, viens faire des WIP!
Des CLIP! CRAP! des BANG! des VLOP! et
des ZIP!
SHEBAM! POW! BLOP! WIZZ!

J´distribue les swings et les uppercuts
Ça fait VLAM! ça fait SPLATCH! et ça
fait CHTUCK!
Ou bien BOMP! ou HUMPF! parfois même PFFF!

SHEBAM! POW! BLOP! WIZZ!

Viens petite fill´ dans mon comic strip
des ZIP!
SHEBAM! POW! BLOP! WIZZ!

Viens avec moi par dessus les buildings
Ça fait WHIN! quand on s´envole et puis KLING!
Après quoi je fais TILT! et ça fait BOING!

SHEBAM! POW! BLOP! WIZZ!

Viens petite fill´ dans mon comic strip
des ZIP!
SHEBAM! POW! BLOP! WIZZ!

N´aies pas peur bébé agrippe-toi CHRACK!
Je suis là CRASH! pour te protéger TCHLACK!

Ferme les yeux CRACK! embrasse-moi SMACK!
SHEBAM! POW! BLOP! WIZZ!
SHEBAM! POW! BLOP! WIZZZZZ!

sung sometime by Brigitte Bardot as well...

I always liked Don Martin's sounds in Mad, but I guess an inlay that said "sklerp" or "splort" wouldn't be as cool.

Ah, the internet, serving the eternal 13 year old in each of us. In context, even!

DonMartinWonderWoman.jpg

donmartin.gif

Edited to add that recently, within the last three months, I recalled the Don Martin Wonder Woman cartoon to my wife as she prepared to retire for the evening. The cartoon matched my memory precisely.

I shall call this post, "How not to woo the ladies."

Back to my 13s, I also remember some sounds while watching wonder woman stories...even if I do not remember the stories (or some) but quite precisely Linda Carter :)

A Spidey "Thwip!" always gets my attention. Not remembering the Fwam from anything, which book used it frequently?

Actually they aren't drawn, SFX are part of the letterers job and are typeset...

Archived