Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Shishkov Standard - to pickguard or not?

dgstandard

Pickguard on a Standard - Y/N?  

67 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If it has body binding, big NO.

On the other hand, for an all-natural or a solid color with no binding, it wouldn't look bad.

Generally unnecessary. On the other hand under certain conditions it might look nice.

On mahogany it's ok, but on maple no... when it comes time to sell (I get the I'll never sell

it thing but things change) you'll have paid for an uprade that results in a smaller pool of

interested buyers down the road.

The word is no.

Agreed. Spread the word.

The word is NO. NADA. NOPE. NEIN. Help spreading the word here.

The only caveat for me is If they came that way from the factory - I leave them on (Korina comes to mind.)

Hamerica

OK - thanks guys!

I like black pickguards on mahoghany. I am split on opaque (I agree with zorow's comment 100%). I would never add one on a maple cap.

In all seriousness, they look good on some guitars. Do whatever excites you the most.

Wonder how many of these Shiskov worked on.... B)

Shorty came with a White pickguard but I will put up with the visible screw holes just to look at all this Korina.

05hms2_zpsa75ce78b.jpg

Same goes with Hamerica, my '96 Korina Standard.

112512e.jpg

Now, MahStnd 3 has a shadow of the pickguard under it, so taking it off is not an option although I wish it was. The Cream 'guard replacement by the previous owner makes it very cool and differant so no arguement in the end.

97ham2.jpg

Brownie needs no pickguard either...

83blitzbass4_zps838ddadb.jpg

Nude Standard Sunbathing Allowed. :huh:^_^

112512d.jpg

Life IS Good! B)

(if you have one)

Archived