Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Shishkov Appreciation Thread

BTMN

I see we are steering the Standard thread away from it's original direction so I thought it was time to set this to light.

Looking forward to my #??/12 to arrive. I'm hoping for #11, that way no one can ever look at it or even touch it. :huh:^_^:PB):ph34r:

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should probably wait until he gets something out the door first! ;)

I got in MIRACULOUSLY late on the initial run. I really thought I'd miss out. Fingers crossed mine is number 12.

Shall we christen ourselves The Dirty Dozen? I wonder how many non-HFCers are in on this first run?

Christmas at the HFC will be interesting!

But... without idle speculation, innuendo, rumors, exaggeration and outright bullshit the interwebs would grind to a halt!

Rick...you are SO very correct!! :D :D

+1.

Can't appreciate what doesn't yet exist...

Christmas time will be awesome here at the HFC. Those of us fortunate enough to get in on this run will be posting pics left and right. I wonder if the pickup decision has been finalized?

Christmas time will be awesome here at the HFC. Those of us fortunate enough to get in on this run will be posting pics left and right. I wonder if the pickup decision has been finalized?

Schlabotnick HandWound Unobtainum.

2001 Standard Custom. Wonder how much Shishkov is in this one?

INDEED! I appreciate the Shishkov in your guitar! See: we are appreciating what does exist!

HMMMMM.....

I think there is some here too......

Isn't that quilt fucking insane. While sanding and working with it, it was actually distracting, Every 10-20 minutes you hold it up going "Jesus Christ, I know we are used to seeing this, but isn't this top and headstock fucking amazing?" then someone would say "Hey, get back to fucking before I sick the dogs on you!". Where else would you see this at 6:00 in the morning? Glad you changed the pickups. I'm not a fan of (mass produced) Duncans.

Bm

Another go around on this guitar now that it has had some really nice Custom wound Manlius pickups installed. As you may recall this was Elvis when he arrived....

2005hsc9_zps5a054d88.jpg

Today after pickup at Tampa Bay Guitar Repair......

2005hsc16_zps16392da1.jpg

2005hsc17_zpsc2432498.jpg

2005hsc18_zps4778e39f.jpg

2005hsc19_zpsce151f3d.jpg

2005hsc20_zps75a10e7c.jpg

2005hsc21_zps1efaa8f0.jpg

2005hsc22_zps12c811c2.jpg

2005hsc23_zpsfeba84de.jpg

2005hsc24_zpsa78f6690.jpg

Shishkov! B)

I didn't read all 23 or so pages of the other thread, but is Mike Shishkov related to the fender Custom Shop Yuri Shishkov? the guy who brought us this Strat?

FenderRus_17.jpg

Yuri is the older brother of Mike? That's funny, because I work with a guy named Liu-Wah who has a younger brother named Charlie :)

I've heard Yuri is good; I've seen Mike's work and he's no slouch lol. My deposit was mailed in and I know that something very nice will be delivered when it is ready. I am glad to support "the little guy" who has standards (pun intended) and a plan. Already the wheels are churning in terms of the future custom builds. Maybe something that combines korina and triple-coils...

2001 Standard Custom. Wonder how much Shishkov is in this one?

01ham10_zps77fa8634.jpg

01ham11_zps7b626e4f.jpg

01ham12_zpsab679fb8.jpg

01ham13_zpsf1d48dd9.jpg

01ham14_zps5fb47bb2.jpg

01ham9_zps1530268d.jpg

I wonder the same thing on my Standard 12 bass.

Archived