Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Update from the Shishkov Shop

Northfield

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Once again just so glad to be apart of something this magical.

Shishkov USA

Rising from the Hamer ashes like the mythical phoenix.

Ok guys, don't get all excited.

They're only the fretboards for Rick Nielsen's new 15 neck guitar.

I see you counted them too.

Yeah, couldn't help it.

Yep.

ShishkovHeadstock91014_zpsc367c465.jpg

I did request particularly dark RW if it was available... And crowns... And my initials are MS...

But I'm sure I'm in the second batch. So, yeah, this is likely ebony, and not mine. Looks like a killer board for whoever it is.

Not tryin' to brag or anything, but I have 2. HA!

And after several attempts, I'm just not a Ultimate/Standard/Explorer guy. I love the look and the sound, but haven't bonded with one. Yet.

I have no idea how much extra work it is for you to shoot and catalog this way Mike, but I think it would be awesome if you had a photo record of each guitar as it progresses. So you could visit the site and see a thread of posts tagged for a specific S/N and follow it through the build process.

It would be the kind of thing you could let people order from one of those online photo album companies too so they could have a mini coffee table book of their own guitar's build diary.

You could include the correspondence and maybe some final thoughts about each guitar as it's strung up to play.

IMHO that's way cooler than a COA, is worth an up charge, and provides a lot of material for the inevitable Matthes book about the history of Shishkov. ;)

I agree that tha would be very cool, but if he's photo-logging every step along the way, that's going to add a lot of time to each build and could potentially add many hours of time to the process. With the large number of guitars on order, although I'd love to see a step by step photo essay on each one myself, I think that could really set him back.

Just a guess - Mike may feel differently!

I say we all chip in and hire a professional photographer to follow him around for the next 6 months. Besides awesome builder shots, we'd probably get enough dirt to blackmail him for years to come.

Archived