Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Welcome to the Shishkov Guitars forum on the HFC

hikarateboy

As Mike had been a Master Luthier at Hamer for years it only made sense that the HFC would support the next step in his journey after the decision to cease productions of Hamer Guitars was made.

As anyone can expect starting a new business is a lot of work. Mike has gone from simply worrying about every aspect of building guitars to every aspect of creating an entire company. He and his wife Trish now have to cover every aspect of their own guitars company, Purchasing, Sales, Operations, Marketing, Janitorial and Customer Service. I havent even mentioned that Trish has a day job of her own.

The big idea here is that not only is this board meant for discussion of Shishkov guitars between HFCers, but as place for Mike and Trish to communicate with those interested in Shishkov Guitars.

• Like 10

They are also two of the nicest, coolest people you'd ever want to meet.

Lots of good stuff ahead, for sure!

• Like 4

As Mike had been a Master Luthier at Hamer for years it only made sense that the HFC would support the next step in his journey after the decision to cease productions of Hamer Guitars was made.

I'm doing my part!

• Like 5

Thanks for the ongoing support!

The overall start up has taken longer than originally expected. Lead times on wood orders have been very long, but am happy that everything has started to arrive. Have had some issues with the shop setup, the all important shaper was lost in freight neverland for a while, and suddenly appeared today in a very damaged condition. The driver reported that that was how it was loaded onto his truck. WTF.

I know that I there are quite a few people waiting for quote request responses, and I (with the help of my wife) will try to finish getting responses out by the end of the weekend. Once the initial Ultimates are under way, I plan to run custom orders along side the Ultimates.

Once again, thank you Ted, Chris and Steve - your help has been awesome!

• Like 17