Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Random (Music and Guitar Related) Thoughts Thread

About a year ago, I got to enjoy playing a half-stack at BTMN's.  It was the first time I played through a half-stack in about 25 years and it was an eye-opening experience. Compared to my humble 1x12, the volume of air blowing past me made playing guitar a full-body physical experience.  I imagine it'd be like cutting loose with a 911 on an open 2-lane highway compared to driving my '04 Tacoma around the neighborhood.

I was reminded of the experience when I stumbled across a CL ad for a Marshall 4x12.   Having a half-stack makes no sense for me, for lots of reasons.  Maybe, someday.  But, I doubt it.

Went to my sons ol' guitar teachers birthday party last Saturday. Handmade music only with lots of guitar playing and a pot fest. As a non smoker you soon feel left out. Also I had to drive home and could not drink against it too. They were all nice people as you can imagine. :D

1 hour ago, Michael_B said:

Excellent.  But, a dozen would be nuts, right?

Strats are *like* nuts. Every guy needs at least one. But more than two, and there is probably something seriously wrong with you.

Edited by Nathan of Brainfertilizer Fame

4 hours ago, specialk said:

I wonder if there are online golfing forums where members talk about their Club Acquisition Syndrome and debate over the differences in club manufacturers and models. 

There are.  I haven't looked at any for years, but that's how I researched and steered myself toward finding my set of Ping i5 irons.  They talk a LOT about balls.

I've been "working" on some very basic major/minor jazz blues material for two weeks.  I'm progressing so poorly that I don't enjoy picking up a guitar.  And, yet, I'm too stubborn to move on.  Well... back to the grind.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Most times, taking a few days off from playing guitar typically improves my playing upon return.

My general experience, it is helpful to give the brain some time to relax on a topic in order to improve on it.

They reacted exactly like my parents did to Metallica.  So I guess everyone hates my generation's music... which is metal as fuck. \m/,

ETA: I'll totally be looking for that one girl in a pit in about eight years.  There's always just that one who gets it, and Metallica is a good "gateway drug."   I'll be the gray-haired dude near the sound booth thinking, "Yep, knew it!"

Edited by LucSulla
  • Like 1