Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The FSF

HSB0531

I've successfully unloaded 3 4 out of 4 fender basses.

My plan is to unload 1 more all, and put all that money into the FSF has worked.

What is the FSF you ask?

Well I'll tell you.

It's the Future Shishkov Fund.

And it's my little way of funding a new Shishkov while dumping Fenders.

I've been pondering selling my Fender bass. I play my old beat up Cruisebass constantly. It plays great, sounds great and I don't have to worry about nicking a pristine finish. The Fender is absolutely pristine, plays better than the Cruise and would certainly be the one a bass player would pick of the two, but there's just something about the Cruise that appeals to me.

What about it bass players? Do I need an active bass? Can I get it done with just a passive Cruise? I've got the Ultimate on its way and that's considered my 50th birthday present. Would be great to have my own FSF for whatever Mr. Shishkov introduces as available after the Ultimate run is complete!

What about it bass players? Do I need an active bass? Can I get it done with just a passive Cruise? I've got the Ultimate on its way and that's considered my 50th birthday present. Would be great to have my own FSF for whatever Mr. Shishkov introduces as available after the Ultimate run is complete!

I'd be just fine if my Hamer basses didn't have active electronics. None of my other basses have them. I've always used either the SansAmp BassDriver or my amp to tweak the EQ.

I'd be just fine if my Hamer basses didn't have active electronics. None of my other basses have them. I've always used either the SansAmp BassDriver or my amp to tweak the EQ.

I ordered the standard 12 Without the EMG's and preamp.

If you've got a good preamp in your rack or amp, you don't need a preamp, just good pickups.

So now that Hamer is finito, I would say that the only new basses I would buy are a MusicMan and a Shishkov or 2.

Archived