Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Shop Time continues....

Northfield

Let's not discuss and let Mike surprise us. ;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You Do know of course, that comment was made with my own brand of NYC humor, right? :P

I am hoping Mike will simply call the next set "Shishkov Guitars" as he will be an established and well known business once theUltimates get around. I cannot wait to see what designs are next....especially his original designs and his take on the classics he has built in the past.

Yeah, what do you think this is, a discussion board?

:o:P:ph34r:

I'm real glad I sold off 4 fender basses last year.

It paved the way towards a new Shishkov.

And it thumbs my nose at, and a middle finger and a grin towards FMIC.

Revenge shall be sweet!

These all look great.

I am interested to see the types of instruments that will be possible once this shop opens up. I keep thinking of different instruments and realizing that this shop may make every electric anyone could want from set neck sweethearts to bolt neck badasses, bluesy semis and smooth hollowbodies. Double neck daydreams and 12 string thunderstorms. Maybe it is just a dream.

• 3 weeks later...

These all look great.

I am interested to see the types of instruments that will be possible once this shop opens up. I keep thinking of different instruments and realizing that this shop may make every electric anyone could want from set neck sweethearts to bolt neck badasses, bluesy semis and smooth hollowbodies. Double neck daydreams and 12 string thunderstorms. Maybe it is just a dream.

Mike doesn't need a shop.

He just needs a knife and a tree.

He only built the shop and added machinery so everyone could get there Ultimates quicker.

We should see things by mid-month, I'm guessing. They should be completed shortly afterwards, and people will be playing these by April Fool's Day! ;)

I'm really enjoying watching the vision become a reality. I love my Hamers and I'll always have Hamers. But this Shishkov venture really feels different. And it should. The Hamers are a great launch pad, but I look forward to the development of the Shishkov legacy and traditions. There's an uncompromising commitment to the materials and craftsmanship that you only see in the most exclusive ranks of the big builders. But it's there for a regular hack like me. Mike, take your sweet time. I have no doubts it'll be worth the wait. :)

Brent - its all good. Mike isn't stopping at #47.

I have a very strong feeling that's just going to be the beginning of some insanely nice things over the years. He may get swamped with orders, but he ain't stopping. Oh, hell no - sh!ts officially on right now like a good old Texas bar brawl.

Now ~ if any of you all miss this next window of opportunity which will be measured in "years", I really can't help ya . . . ;)

I'm so bummed I missed out on ordering one of these...

You'll be able to order something from Mike when this run is done. It'll be at his regular pricing, but it's still beyond worth it for the insane quality of what he builds.

I'm so bummed I missed out on ordering one of these...

I'm with ya, bud. It's that damned 'shape-I-love-but-it-hates-me' thing that really sucks.

I look forward to seeing what else springs from his pea brain extra large cranium.

I've been sick with mono for over five months, and I missed the beginning of Shishkov Guitars. Now, I need to find a new job to finance my First Shishkov!

Archived